▶ THE Destination For Guild Recruitment | ClassicRaids

Thank you for the feedback Eloraell! The multiple sort feature is a good idea!

I’m currently implementing filtering so it should be ready soon! Actually it’s just the UI portion, I’m still trying to think of a clean way to display it (probably just a couple select inputs) but the functionality is there. Since you’re a developer you might not mind using query parameters in which case you can go to something like https://wow.classicraids.com/guilds/filter?region=NA&faction=Horde

EDIT: Filtering is now implemented :slight_smile:

EDIT 2: Multi sorting should work now as well! It seems like it was doing it backwards before for some reason.

2 Likes

That works quite well! None of the current guilds fall into my target, but it helped me work that out quicker :slight_smile:

EDIT: Something of note - Searching for NA Horde or NA Alliance excluded groups that had incomplete information, even if they were NA Horde or NA Alliance.

EDITEDIT: Actually, it could be that N/A (unselected) is showing up as NA in the region column. Which is a bit confusing since NA is North America.

Eloraell, I’ve since added the UI for the filters so you can try those to see if those work for you. Let me know if there are any other features you think would be beneficial for the community :smile:

Also no filtering for RP servers, only RP-PVP which as far as we know won’t be there on launch.

Hi Sytious,

Actually, the problem is that there aren’t any guilds registered for RP servers. All the RPers appear to have chosen RP-PvP, interesting datapoint for Blizz.

Filters are automatically generated on the site for the guilds displayed so once an RP guild registers the filter will automatically be created.

Hey! Just saw the site looks great I made a list here myself so if you want to start poking people to go to your site maybe ask the GMS here on the last ETC IT IS VERY LONG also in the OP there is a google Doc’s link that has many more guilds in it that i can not edit. The docs was done quite a few month’s a ago and the owner of it is MIA but i hope this helps, and thanks for doing this.

My Post. and there is the google Docs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e7nMh8IaH5mNZ7MOx2it8MF7ULYdCIT0VqO6ubaUDq4/edit#gid=0

You could always try to find a raid guild on the server you roll on by meeting people in the game as opposed to trying to find games to play with them before hand.

Thank you for all your work Pintero!

I think I actually just got in touch with the original owner last night, lmao! It looks like his reddit username is /u/DarkPhenomenon .

I’m working my way through your list right now so thanks a lot! Also, would you be able to put a link to the site at the top of your post? I think it could help direct new GMs and players LFGuild to the website :slight_smile:

or blizzard could actually make a guild recruitment form like they should’ve done last month
thought it’d be getting shut down when the realm-specific forums are released

No OCE on there, no help to us.

Lol. No ones going to use your site. Wowprogress will make a classic section when the game comes out.

Anemis, I’m sorry to hear that. The ability to create OCE guilds is possible, we just haven’t gotten any on the site yet. If you know of any, send them our way :slight_smile:

Not when there is ALREADY an established Discord in place that does all of this and more. Over 11k members Classic WoW Guilds. https://discord.gg/HNT7UPq

Please stop trying to recreate the wheel, it’s not going to work.

1 Like

Classic Wow Guilds Discord is the best!!!

1 Like

Why so angry?

2 Likes

Not angry just saying there is already a well established Discord in place with a very healthy member count and is super active. :woman_shrugging:

Why do we need a website that no one will really use when most people use Discord? Again shrug seems like a waste of time and resources at this point that could be used for other things.

Also didn’t check but if you have to create an account YIKES already a big security breach, so no thank you.

So we are all in agreement that everyone should all use one website because nothing can ever go wrong with having all of your eggs in one basket, right?

The real problem is that Discord is not really designed for this kind of application. Currently, there is a channel for every combination of NA/EU, PVP/PVE and Horde/Alliance. In addition, the guild list is just a scrolling text list for each guild. What happens when we get Classic server names and guilds need to segregate by server? What happens when we suddenly have 50-70 active guilds per server?

Suddenly that DIscord-based solution gets klunky and unuseable.

So you can use Discord without creating an account?

2 Likes

I believe the owners/moderators of that Discord already have plans in place to change the sections once server information is known.

You don’t have to give your email to some dodgy af website… you don’t have to give any details over. Discord is well used, well known and I’m sure if there happened to be something wrong we’d all know about it. This argument is a dead end for you.

The modern player knows about Discord so yes it should be one of the main sources for connecting with other like minded players.

Again you’re the one who’s starting this shrug not me, was a suggestion that people use a more well known place for recruitment, finding a guild etc etc etc.

This is a data problem that Discord is not designed to solve. Once the number of servers and guilds ramp up (after launch), that solution is going to be unworkable.

Imagine scrolling through an unsorted list of 100+ guilds where each guild description (with inconsistent formats) takes up half of your browser page and a significant portion of those guilds are dead. Discord is just a terrible way to solve this problem and it will eventually get replaced by something better, probably within 2-3 months after Classic launch.

2 Likes

Not everyone is comfortable with using discord and who is the admin of this so-called discord? Some yocal who thinks they hold all the power?

Super active is good. . but again. . . by who?

Some people might choose to use a web resource over discord. And again, saying “most” people use Discord is a little over the top.

And finally. You do know you need an account for discord right? For most anything today as a matter of fact. . . Yikes, my butt.

Listen, you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to. But to come into a persons thread who is sharing something they obviously have been working hard on to help out the community and dump all over it is a little crappy.

That’s my .02 worth. . But then I am a developer who also gets this kind of attitude from people who are not willing to make something too.

2 Likes