The design of Venthyr leather shoulders is awful

I’m pretty sure the shoulders are not supposed to be that big on humans… and if they are… then Orcs are going to be just walking shoulder pieces…

1 Like

It’s one of the reasons I’m so glad “Hide Shoulders” is a thing…

You mean the issues they’re creating now, with reducing potency conduits, and removing Stygia from Torghast?

I mean like “stop steering people in how to play, and just let these manics figure out crazy combos that work.”

I think even just shrinking them would be a major improvement, as they do look kind of cool otherwise, but in their current state they are ridiculously huge in proportion to the rest of the armor, and it ruins the entire set. A 25-30% or so reduction in size would make them look way better.

In comparison to the other sets, I think all of the leather ones are lacking.

Just a reminder, they still look terrible, as they are grossly oversized. The visual design is fine, it’s the size that makes them look bad. Simply shrinking them would make them look way better.

4 Likes

OMFG… that poor doggo dude…

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

Imagine designing something as a faction-specific top-level reward, then making it look purposely terrible… shoulder pads are not supposed to be larger than our heads, instead these are larger than 1/3 of our characters…

Bruh, this is a real issue, just look at what happened to that Worgen’s snoot there… it’s un-boopable now…

2 Likes

Is this from trying them on in the Beta or based on this vid because if it is the latter it does say Shadowlands Alpha

They need upper back muscles.

I honestly hate the shoulders and the legs and chest have immensely low quality. But its nowhere on the level as unfitting as the Maldraxxus Leather set.

Why not the House of Eyes set Draka was wearing instead?!

Tried it myself and took a screenshot just 4 days ago.

1 Like

I really wonder what the delay was actually for, especially now that they’re pushing to rush out Shadowlands again, this time before we even get to have our Turkey Day Dinners IRL, complete with a countdown splash…

I also posted it on the beta forums at that time, then later decided to post it in this thread as well.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shrink-the-venthyr-leather-shoulders-please/701428

The plate is at least smaller. I still think it looks a tad ridiculous especially with the oversized clawed boots, but it doesn’t seem to clip on my Belf at least. Wonder what it does on a Worgen? :thinking:

https://i.imgur.com/Ujodv0c.png

Edit: Lol, nope. They look dumb on Worgen too. This honestly needs to be looked at, they could use being scaled down by at least 25%

This is why “Hide Shoulders” transmog is such a beautiful thing…

1 Like

Right? I mean, those aren’t shoulders, those are a mission statement. He looks like a mobile battlement with decorative gargoyles.

Ugh, the Necrolord mail looks so good compared to every other mail covenant tmog. I wish their theme wasn’t so… I don’t know, they just don’t seem interesting like the others.

Welcome to Betalands!!! :slight_smile:

I really love the mail for Nightfae. REALLY love. Now that’s a set that can have shoulders as big as it likes. I imagine it would look amazeballs on an Orc.

I am probably the lamest Orc alive, my favorite clan are the Frostwolves, I play a hunter because of that and I absolutely despise how big and badly placed the shoulderplates are on Orcs, especially with straight backs.

1 Like