The Death Strike situation

Let’s compare Death Strike to hybrid heals.

WoG after nerfs is 410% more effective than Death Strike.
200% less conditional.
AND has the added utility of healing allies.
To make matters worse the Retribution/Prot Paladins also deals more damage.

Enhance shamans healing is 340% more effective than Death Strike.
200% less conditional.
AND has the added utility of healing allies.
To make matters worse, the enhance shaman is stronger than the DK in terms of damage as well.

The Death Strike situation is the most polarizing balance issue in PvP. Please fix it.

The fact that a DK could hypothetically pop Hypothermic presence, and Transfusion and just pop off 10 death strikes back to back and have all of those combined GCDs not even equate to one WoG isn’t just a balance issue it’s a legitimate sign of raw unfiltered incompetence on the balance teams end.

The class who’s identity is the immobile juggernaut, drain tank of PvP is the softest class in the game, and of the classes that can self sustain- it’s by a mile the worst at doing so.
HIRE A BALANCE TEAM.

14 Likes

In my opinion death strike should have a CD and heals like WoG is healing right now.
Deathstrike can’t be effective AND spammable.

death strike is a joke and when I use it i’m often like this is a complete waste of a gcd but then I realize it’s not like obliterate hits for anything either. Can they fix that too. Can obliterate actually obliterate things. That would be nice. A lot of your time as a death knight is spent tickling people while the real damage dealers kill things. It can be really frustrating spending all those globals to do essentially nothing. Obliterate with all the damage modifiers hits similarly to an unmodified starsurge and any druid will tell you starsurge without the damage modifiers is like throwing a wet noodle at someone.

3 Likes

i agree make death strike top the dk and instakill the target its cast on

after all its DEATH strike not TICKLE attack

4 Likes

Well currently its neither spammable nor effective

Fdk gives up boatloads of damage to use death strike

It should absolutely be a stronger heal and it absolutely does not need a CD

Unlike your class death knights are actually supposed to be difficult to kill

rlly cant be surprised that the class that supported facetanking entire goes with deathstrike has a community of players at a complete loss for adaptation when that playstyle goes away

1 Like

It should have never been that strong nor should it ever go back to being that strong

The after effect was what made death strike obnoxiously powerful. Death strikes minimum healing is what needs to be addressed the 20% in the last 5 seconds is totally fine

i mean i just think % heal abilities are kinda weak right now, hence why u dont see a ton of gpie/gheal/necrotic strike

to be fair I feel like as a DK i’m actually very survivable against casters. I might not actually kill one but i aint falling over either. Against melee not so much as your options are limited. You really are relying on pet heal and death pact to survive melee. IBF if it’s up. But the good thing is so many melee do magic damage now that AMZ is actually a great defensive against certain classes now. Sub rogues, paladins, DH, DKs, you can really neuter their damage dropping AMZ with pvp talent. Also there are runes you can use to boost your survivability as well. Survivability isn’t THAT bad. Death strike just isn’t a reliable way to sustain you. My main issue is the pathetic damage. You can sit on a target for like 30 seconds and not feel like you did anything useful.

Theyre weak because 5% of our already tiny healthpools is nothing

Even by end of the expansion 5% is still going to be to low. This goes for necrotic strike too obviously but yeah deathstrike should have never been kept at 5% in pvp. Easily needs to go back to 7%+ to start. At least that way when you take the conduit youre looking at a healthier 8%-9% heal for the 35 runic power

i think death strike is decent, it’s just a little underwhelming in which MS classes are very meta and hybrids make it feel inadequate

perhaps look @ hybrid healing instead

That’s still no excuse for the insanely massive discrepancy between our heals and the heals of classes that also do superior damage than we do, whilse simutaineously being able to heal their allies as well.

Id say the most direct thing you could compare us to healing wise is a Fire Mage.
And in that comparison the Fire Mage beats us in EVERY department by ALOT.
Damage- They win by ALOT.
Tankiness-They win by ALOT.
Healing-They win by ALOT.
Utility- They win by ALOT.

i will say this, DS isnt that much of a huge deal in 3’s since we generally have a dedicated healer and another DPS to protect us. But in its current state we are unviable in world PvP, and 2v2’s. Which i think is a huge disservice to the class.

3 Likes

yep, even gpyro is like 1/4 as scary as bfa obviously in part because they cant spam it, but many abilities are hitting as hard or harder as gpyro anyway

1 Like

And yes there is the reality that if you buff DS, that in the future when HP pools are larger, DS would be too strong.
So what?
You can wrist slap it by -1% every new tier- I dont know why we as a community pretend like that would require any effort to do on Blizzards end.

1 Like

It wouldnt become “to strong” How do you even define “to strong”

I mean bfa death strike was clearly to strong

But how could 7%-10% min health ever be to strong?

Not only do you need to be in melee, But you also need to waste damage to heal. You cant heal in stuns, You cant heal in roots, disarms,

There are enough ways to play around death strike and most classes are going to be hitting way harder than 7-10% health during cds.

Ill wait for 1 good reason as to why death strikes minimum heal shouldnt be buffed back up a little bit. If you really think a melee heal for 10% health is op despite all the ways to counterplay it then really i have no other words outside of “git good”

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter how much effort it would take, it matters if Blizzard would do it. Blizzard historically puts in less than the minimum effort.

Maybe the problem with this game is how we dont hold its developers accountable.
Less than minimum effort is true, but it also means we’re all just sitting around letting blizzard cuck us.

2 Likes

how do you even define too weak?

u know u can use RP for more than just death strike if u want a powerful quick heal

pet sac/lichborne heal?

lol

Why are all our crappy heals double edged swords, but everyone elses heals are just raw heals?

3 Likes

So what you’re saying is… Nerf not heals spec heals. Good. Something like death strike is probs the best way to give a DPS a heal, not like make a tank or dps have a heal they can constantly cast. And look where we are.