The damage is already done. Release BG's

Did you miss the memo? BGS are being pushed out in 3 weeks. The damage could be fixed if blizzard tried harder to create server faction balance.

Mankrik is where I play. Tons of fun. Got a nice, casual guild where everyone’s just enjoying the game, and leveling up at their own pace. Starting to work people through the Ony attunement quests.

Back then, we didn’t have a clue that rewards would be tied to the honor system, so there wasn’t a point to grind. Not to mention that not all classes had gone through their reworks, items hadn’t had a pass to buff them to what you see now, etc.

It was a completely different experience then, than it is now. There is an incentive to grind points now. Since the only way to do so right now is via world PvP, it is logical that people are going to try to find the path of least resistance and gank lower levels. The honor gain is EXTREMELY miniscule, but there’s no other way to do it.

1. It was 1.5 months.
  2. Blizzard didn’t create BG’s to give players more content. Blizzard created BG’s to give PvP’ers somewhere to go so honor farmers would stop camping and griefing(which was much less a problem back then).

Honor without BG’s was always a mistake, a mistake it took Blizzard a month and a half to fix back in 2005. And one they should have been smart enough to avoid this time around.

Three more weeks is too long. Even a lot of hardcore PvP’ers think this is boring, and Asmongold says he doesn’t even want to play the game anymore. Blizzard just needs to release BG’s already.

The gankers will say they are going quit the game if you release BG’s, but they are lying. And if they are actually going to quit once BG’s are out, well BG’s will come out regardless, so they would have quit anyway.

The 10th is too long, do something.

it’s almost like they have no idea how to handle anything

The only phases that matter are the ones that add new raids. BWL, ZG, AQ, and Naxx.

BG’s should have been out at launch, even without an honor system.

1 Like

The honor system was implemented on April 8th, 2005. Battlegrounds were introduced on June 7th, 2005. If that is 1.5 months then I have been using calendars wrong my entire life.

1 Like

The honor system was released April 19th with patch 1.4. Just google “wow patch 1.4”, first entry is wowwiki.fandom, says it right at the top.

You’re not using calendars wrong, you’re using the wrong calendars.

Why did you choose a PvP server? What makes you think BGs will keep horde from ganking you?

1 Like

Undead rogue on horde dominated server
“ReRoll To PvE ScRub”

These clowns

I’m a pure pve specced rogue that can essentially get wrecked by anyone with opposable thumbs. I have played an undead rogue for 15 years, don’t care about imbalances on either side, farming allinace or ranks for that matter.

You signed up for a PvP server and if you didn’t want everything that came with it then that’s on YOU. As far as my realm is concerned Kromcrush was almost perfectly balanced until alliance here couldn’t handle it. They are the ones who tucked tail and ran from the fight.

OP, come 10th Dec ur problem is not going away. U see, all it takes is 2 or 3 sadistic 60lvl rogues (and they will be forsaken, lets not kid ourselves) in menethil harbour for example to make life difficult for the lowbies. Those guys arent going away coz bgs opened up. Pvp on a pvp server is always going to suck for the smaller faction,thata why in time the servers become 90:10 ratio and why blizz evebtually put wm in place in the modern game.

After last night when you guys had 50+ horde on the boat to theramore yeah I decided from now on I’m paying mages for portals. It’s not worth my time to put together multiple raid groups just to take a boat. Enjoy you “PvP” server.

I fully expected to be ganked by higher levels and have the opportunity to have even fights out in the world. I intentionally rolled on a PvP server for that reason.

I didn’t roll on a PvP server expecting there to be to be ganked by a group of fully geared raiders, on epic mounts, running loops on low level zones because they don’t have an outlet to farm honor for a pre-maturely released system that should have been coupled with battlegrounds in the first place.

1 Like

and your guys had about 40 roaming around Searing Gorge and BRM, see how that works out?

If you’re low level you’re not being honor farmed…if you are in Searing Gorge, Un’Goro or other PvP hotspots then that’s on you.

It is every 50+ zone, and even many 40+ zones.