The Corpse Pile

Now I will say I don’t play Horde, so I don’t really RP in Orgrimmar. But my friends do and from the screenshots posted, it seems like this has become a problem that isn’t going away. After reset the people doing this went right back and did it again.

Guys, this is an RP server, we don’t get a lot of respect outside of our server and this is really immature and disrespectful for the people who are on this server to roleplay. If you want to do the corpse pile thing, sure go ahead but please don’t do it in areas that people are RPing in.

If you are a friend, or know someone who is doing this, please try to explain to them how it is on a RP server and try to get them to stop.
-Thanks

14 Likes

Thank you for posting about this. I mean, the comedic value was lukewarm at best in Vanilla. I don’t know what they changed about corpses not despawning on logout, but I figured more folks would have more respect for the RP community than to do this crap in Orgrimmar’s ONE RP hub. I’m reporting 'em as they pile up, don’t really care anymore. You can clearly see some folks are deliberately creating class trials to make it larger and larger, and some people have even told me lower end computers suffer a lot of lag from it.

Seriously, folks.

8 Likes

Not sure how else the Forsaken are supposed to feel at home, not like we’re going to let them blight the lake.

6 Likes

People who need to stop the corpse pile likely don’t browse the forums but I totally agree that it needs to stop.

7 Likes

so…why is the pile a problem?

1 Like

It’s immersion breaking and a nuisance for people with lower end computers.

6 Likes
  1. It’s unrealistic for nobody to be able to clean it up
  2. People don’t normally die just to create a pile
  3. It’s disruptive to RP to have a big smelly pile of dead bodies clogging up the city.
8 Likes

ok, this makes the most sense. Wondering if thats why it took me a bit longer than usual to load Org

1 Like

So…how bad exactly is this corpse pile because it sounds out of control. Anyone have a picture?

1 Like

its about 10 bodies. Enough to make you look, but youll keep going.

Forums making it sound like its a 40man raid lol

1 Like

As of today (3/3/20) it’s around 10 people but yesterday, before the reset, it was around 20 or more.

3 Likes

People are so weird. Why do this?

And it will be again, as it was before.

People aren’t “making it sound like it’s a 40-man raid” as an overreaction, we’re trying to draw attention to it before it gets that bad. Again.

5 Likes

Is there something a GM can do? Y’all mentioned a reset clearing it a bit, so maybe they can do a sweep?

We can put in tickets and hope for the best. That’s it. I’m also listing the characters by names. A deterrent toward doing it in the future never hurts!

2 Likes

Well at least you’re trying. :hugs:

It’s so weird that this is what folks will do with their time.

3 Likes

I agree, some people just wanna be jerks. I say we strap them onto a Goblin Rocket and launch it into space.

3 Likes

In truth, I think most folks that were doing it before reset just thought it’d be a chuckle. And whatever, sure. But the ones there now are class trials; check 'em yourselves. And you can surely bet some are multiple copies from one person’s account. Their similar names also attest to this.

I feel what matters more is reigniting an atmosphere of respect when it comes to RP servers. Sure, OoC goofiness is fun and all that, but have courtesy to not do it in the ONE spot for casual RP. This shouldn’t become a trend.

Correction: It shouldn’t have become a trend. Because it’s already apparently accepted these days.

2 Likes

It’s basically a form of griefing at this point. Blizzard should prevent this some how.

5 Likes

I do advocate for everyone reporting this. It’s not taken seriously enough because the few that wave it away portray themselves the majority. I assure you and anyone else, we’re all annoyed by it.

3 Likes