THE COLLISEUM (solo shuffle idea)

I believe it would be really sweet that when you Que for solo shuffle, you have to chance to observe solo shuffle matches that are ahead of you while you wait for your Que, imagine being able to sit in the stands/bleachers of the black rook hold arena watching other people duke it out, almost like a new PvP social space.

And then after your match is over, you can leave the instance, or instantly return to the Que and go back into the stands and hangout with people at your MMR.

I feel like this is a pretty nerdy idea but i cant help but to think it’d be cool.

Or better yet, drop us into a gurubashi arena style enviroment and we have a bloodbath while we wait for Q lol

5 Likes

It actually sounds like something they propose they were going to do once upon a time but then like never acknowledged it ever again.

1 Like

This is actually a pretty cool idea. Blizz just needs to make sure they cap the amount of people allowed in the viewing area for each match etc. But reminds me of the Brawlers guild type stuff etc.

Yea def should allow spectating during queues etc.

1 Like

It would be also cool if it gave you the option to specifically observe your friends’/guildies’/forum enemies’ RSS games. I mean forum friends… Not enemies. Definitely friends…

1 Like

This would def be cool, but I think they’d need to limit CD vision of the match. Like you could see the players moving around and see damage coming out but cooldowns and addons that track CDs wouldn’t work as a spectator.

I feel like this would open the door for 4th man Arena exploiting, having someone overhead of the entire arena just watching the opposing teams cooldowns and positioning, they could give some crazy good intel to the guildy or friend.

1 Like

“Psst… The rogue is at the other pillar.”

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Huh?

What?

I’m thinkin like WoW top raiding guilds have that 21st man just raid leading the entire raid since they don’t need to concentrate on playing. The same could happen for someone spectating their friend and seeing the entire teams cooldown usage from above or positioning of the healer running for a drink etc. I don’t think it would be as impactful as 21st man in a raid team, but it would still help someone with awareness.

Now granted this might not be an issue for solo shuffle now that I think about it. But high rated 3s this could be more of an issue.

Although it WOULD open up the doors for more ways to coach players to get better at Arena actually. This might be a cool option.

Um, I can see all that all on my own.

Are people’s situational awareness this bad?

Some peoples yea, most people don’t even know about Omni-bar or Omni-CC. A lot of people run Solo shuffles with straight default addons and no Gladius lol.

But like I said, it might actually open up a door for some fun ways to coach friends if you’re a higher rated player watching them etc.

Gonna guess they tried it, then the coders laughed at them and reminded them the game is composed of a mishmash of spaghetti code glued together on a 20 year old engine and it could literally explode the game and the devs nodded and tossed it.

1 Like

Something tells me that’s what’s happening currently. The amount of bugs after tuesday is on another level, not to include the bugs that came with DF that never got fixed

1 Like

Don’t need thos to know if a healer popped off for a drink

Not shilling for blizzard, but I would be keen to ask if you have ever looked into how the game works on a systems level, its actually cool how they have the game setup with the research that private servers have done. and how stable it is compared to other modern AAA releases

Representing.

1 Like

No modern AAA game lags when there are 40v40 people PvPing to the point where the devs have to reduce that BG to 30v30 to help relieve the problem.

1 Like

I agree, large scale content stability is a massive issue, I dont think that should takeaway from an otherwise historically stable game. There is a private server that I wont mention by name that actually seems to solve this problem and can have extremely fluid large scale PvPvE conflicts (40v40 with loads of npcs), the game is capable, im just curious why modern WoW struggles.

Blizzard did a stress test for Classic’s AQ opening event.

It was horrible at first with so many players, but Blizzard would change stuff on the server, restart the server, and try again. After a bunch of attempts, they got it to the point where everything was smooth and stable. There were like hundreds of people in the same area fighting giant mobs. It was really impressive and a true MMO experience.

Why can’t they do that on normal servers? I’m not sure. I got the sense they were reducing various checks (security/anti-hacks?) and reducing the amount of information sent to each player about everyone else nearby (e.g. which way other players are facing, buffs/debuffs, their cast times, etc.).

My server use to be called crashridge, because it would be days after any patch before it was playable. A few times a whole week.

The devs of the game have openly admitted to the game being spaghetti code, took literal years upon years to finally get them to update base bag