The Blademaster Question

Their lore already explains it. They use the same elemental powers as shamans just apply them differently, and before that they used demon blood to power them up.

Personally, I’ve always seen the Blademaster as essentially being an Arms Warrior. I agree their themes are a bit different, but I feel like that could be shown more in the theme of the spec itself.

That said, I could see a world in which they became their own thing. Or potentially an extension of the Monk somehow (perhaps a fourth spec with some inspiration from the Red Crane, Chi-ji?).

I think the Blademaster probably makes more sense as one of these “Hero talent-trees”, though.

I dig the idea of having them interact a bit with the Elements, though.

So basically what we are talking about is a warrior with shaman abilities to empower his weapons and that sounds…. A little overpowered? I’m not sure how that would be balanced.

However I do like the sound of a blood magic, shaman, warrior combo.

I envision a blademaster as just a warrior having a leather armor restriction, banners and 2 handed swords. Maybe the benefit should be higher base damage / crit or whatever.

It would make sense as a warrior spec but warriors already have two DPS specs so I think it could be a good max level passive in the warrior Arms spec. Same way Gladiator should come back as a Prot passive choice.

I hold two-handers with one hand too.

Using politics for personal gain sounds like it covers most of that. Now onwards to blademaster training!

Blademaster = Arms, Fury and Survival (hunter) imo. Its just about your RP and transmogs.

If thats the definition of the plan to end WW1 then a Blademaster is a guy with a sword.

Arms warrior is pretty much your choice for Blademaster in WoW.

Unfortunately blademaster in WC3 is literally a mix between warrior, rogue and mage.

No more overpowered than a DK or DH. They’d have to be a hero class.

I selfishly wish she had a B for her first initial. That would be such a silly but radical name.

1 Like

Blademaster sounds cool. I don’t know why people have issues with a new class sharing similar concepts and abilities. At the end of the day, what makes a class fun and easy to identify with is their aesthetic, ability combinations, mechanics, and how it all looks and plays together.

That’s easy, cloth armor, runs on mana since they have mirror image and those types of abilities. Could also be the first cloth melee and first cloth class that could tank. They hardly had armor on so cloth would fit.

Would be very interesting.