The Big Druid Bug list

Yeah I noticed that too, figured it was because of some energy being refunded on all these dodges/parries/misses that seem to be insane right now. I end up with 34 energy a LOT more times than I think I should, making it really annoying to be able to FB @ 35 energy ugh. Possibly it’s giving 19 energy sometimes and 21 others? I’m not sure it’s kind of wonky, I don’t remember vanilla doing this quite as often.

Well that’s a great perspective to have, we need people like you. However, in the same breath, people like you have notoriously bad memory when it comes to things like this (and I don’t mean that as a personal insult). Human recall is notoriously bad, but still, it is definitely a good thing to have those like yourself around and of course I welcome your opinion. I mainly played vanilla, some BC and a little Wrath.

As far as the parry issue, that’s kind of a moot point and it won’t be changed. Cats in the wild are mobs, mobs have different mechanics than players do. Druids will not be given parry, and mobs will not have that ability removed. Period. So discussing it isn’t worth your time or effort mate.

Sure, if you have the dedication to do that by all means see if it affects things. i would be very interested to see the results, as that would be more or less game breaking for druids.

Druids should absolutely have skills maxed at all times while shifted

I have also noticed having 1 less energy than required, however I haven’t noticed 21 energy ticks. Interesting

I don’t know the specific mechanic regarding energy refunds. I know that if a combo point generating ability is dodged/miss/parried you get some energy refunded but I think finishing moves aren’t refunded at all. Again, I’m not really an expert on this issue but I could find it if I digged deep enough

Could be serious cat issues we aren’t fully aware of, but nothing concrete enough for me to add it to the list without something specific being locked down.

Let me know if you find something tho

When using a macro with cancelform > cast bear form, Leader of the Pack fails to apply every time. I’ll bearshift again, and it will apply. Seems every other bearshift will work. If I use the stance bar button to cancel stance, then bearshift, it applies everytime. I’ve not tested cancelaura, or stance, as cancelform was more elegant.

1 Like

Did some more testing and definitely seeing 21 energy ticks now, however they only seem to happen at certain points, and i’ve never seen it go past an extra 4 (which is why I seem to always end up at 34 energy a lot) . I think it might be the ticks are taking longer than they should , i’m using a tick timer, it just seems off a bit. I believe rogues are experiencing similar strangeness.

I’m in the process of leveling unarmed and staff skill to see if it makes any difference. It shouldn’t, but it could be bugged as this isn’t 100% the vanilla client.

/cancelform works the best /fastest for making macros, tested this. However sometimes it doesn’t work. Simple macro like /cancelform /cast bear form, sometimes it shifts to bear and immediately back out. I wish there was a way to set a timer on the cancelform for 1 second so it wouldn’t do it if you hit the key twice (like a castsequence reset timer on the cancelform)

Using cancelform macros for shifting, so I can say go from cat straight to bear without canceling cat first, causes predatory strikes AP buff not to apply in bear form.

Seems to always apply to cat form, but never to bear.

After more testing it seems to only occur when shifting between cat and bear form, if I go travel > bear > travel > bear it applies the AP bonus every time so far.

2 Likes
1 Like

anyone else feel like feline swiftness 30% movespeed stops working if your inside a cave or other such places?

1 Like

The talent specifies it only works outdoors, sadly. I find it weird though what a lot of the game considers “Outside”

2 Likes

well iono how i didnt see that but either way thats meh i guess i wont be chasing anyone down inside caves etc lol

Yeah this really really needs to be fixed. I lose the leader of the pack and other aura powershifting. Shift from cat->cat auras gone, shift cat->cat again just as fast and they come back… It’s every other shift, one cat-cat shift they go away, next cat-cat shift they are back, next they go away etc.
Does same thing in bear-bear or bear-cat or cat-bear.

Everyone submit bug reports in the client please.

Also noticed some of the speed buffs not stacking when they should.

2 Likes

This may mitigate while Bliz works out Classic ‘Features’.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/predatory-strikes-leader-of-the-pack-lost-on-powershifting/295852/4

-Using innervate on yourself remove the 10% damage buff from natural weapons ( possibly just an ui bug) Edit: def looks like an ui bug, your damage stay the same but it gets no mention of being buffed by natural weapon
-Ferocious bite eating energy of the next tick
-Baseline threat reduction in cat form not working (Unconfirmed, people are reporting too high threat in catform) If the baseline threat is indeed reduced its possible that it get canceled by powershift or that mana regen in form apply threat when it should not.

3 Likes

Ugh, so many bugs.
I haven’t gotten natural weapons yet but i assume it’s the same problem as lotp/PS disappearing when you shift until you shift again.
BTW, Grimtotem Naturalists (in bear form, the same bear form as druids!) in Feralas, can parry, /sigh

2 Likes

The shifting power gain delay from furor/wolfshead is ao annoying!! And my LotP / Predatory Strikes randomly being lost on powershift!! Cmon blizz…

1 Like

Sorry friends I had a 3 day ban for “trolling”. Maybe blizzard should check out the good bug reporting work I do for them before they make such a baseless claim at a veteran like myself.

Anyways, lots has happened since I’ve been gone, yeesh. Y’all have been doing great working hunting down the bugs, this list gets bigger by the second! I will edit my post and go through them as soon as I get some time.

4 Likes

Add having to level weapon skill to the list!!

Weapon skill isn’t maxing out when shifted into bear/cat form

1 Like

I mean most of them are really inconvenient and for PvP the noggen is also bad, but come on… the mana burn bug, if true, really breaks the class vs mana draining classes.

You wont beat a hunter and your slim chances vs locks/priests are reduced to ashes if thats the case. Not to mention the implication for WSG flag carrying if you can manaburn the fc. No way this was undiscovered in beta.

Sadly you are absolutely right my friend. I actually watched a druid live report the mana burn issue on live stream during beta so the issue is well-known. Blizzard is just basically refusing to fix the class.

At this point, hunters are the only class that can even be argued are in a worse state than druids. Almost every mechanic we have is broken in one form or another.

Some people feel differently, but I actually view the noggen/deviate bug as a serious nerf to druids in reality. It is a quintessential mechanic in vanilla for druids to be able to cloak their form.

As far as the mana burn goes, you’re even more right. It is game breaking.

And keep in mind, the original list is missing something like 10 bugs I haven’t gotten around to edit in yet because I’m on my phone.

I will add them eventually but they are still here in the thread for all to see how broken the class is at the moment from head to toe

Keep it at the top, Most of these are pretty game breaking bugs as far as druid gameplay goes.

Unfortunately druid population small enough to prob go unchecked for quite some time due to many people being unaware, compared to something like hunter, priest, mage or warrior bugs.

2 Likes

The delay on Furor is actually insane, makes it so obvious a feral charge is inc making it incredibly easy to juke.

2 Likes