The BFA World Zone Ability Delay Debacle - 5 Months, 400 Posts And Counting: No Resolution

Look - you are a nice person and just trying to help. It is just nuts how persistent and unfixed this is. Anyway, thanks for trying. And I promise I did submit bug reports and did watch the Q&A

1 Like

The discrete thing is open up a bug report and give them details of when it happens - what character, what zone, where you were and what you were doing.

They have had this data for five months.

4 Likes

want to do for the ‘slight’ ability delays in BfA zones.

Slight?

Try five seconds on vendors, three second cast times, ten seconds loot lag

4 Likes

You are oceanic - OP is NA. When you are playing full time on NA servers you can come on here and tell me it isn’t better.

How do you not know - there were problems with oceanic servers that were different than the problems occurring on NA servers.

You are oceanic - OP is NA. When you are playing full time on NA servers you can come on here and tell me it isn’t better.

Problem is on both server types.

It remains.

5 Likes

How do you not know - there were problems with oceanic servers that were different than the problems occurring on NA servers.

Same problem, read threads.

4 Likes

how odd, I play in world content about 4 hours each day and it doesn’t remain for me except for the very odd time (like once a month).

Anyway, enjoy your lag because I don’t have any.

It’s crazy - I have a cat 7 3gb / 100mb up/down and get 10ms to everything except 30ms in WoW. I have not a spot of packet loss or game issues or ticks or delays in any game or any product, Blizzard or Activision or otherwise except the ability lag in BFA zones. The problem is WoW BFA is 85% of what I play, and 85% of that is spent in BFA world zones. So yah - lots of fun

3 Likes

I never said the problem wasn’t anything but BfA wow. In fact, I said it was a problem with the game itself in certain areas so all that other stuff you keep posting isn’t relevant whatsoever including all the links to stuff back from August which have been fixed back in December patch but whatever.

You seem to be happy saying you are experiencing such problems, so keep it up.

which have been fixed back in December patch but whatever.

No they have NOT.

From five days ago - Lag on US servers.

Since I have no issues playing other games such as FFXIV, watching Netflix or streaming from my own Plex server I’m going to go ahead and say that the problem lays on the Blizzard side, especially since they’ve already admitted it in Blue posts, one of which directly cited Ion stating they’re aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. Many, many people have been having these exact same issues and all of it started when BfA came in to the picture. I appreciate you’re trying to help but I’m pretty darn sure you’re barking down the wrong alley. I’m not going to bother Shaw with this because I’m pretty darn sure swapping out the modem would only result in my having to change all of my log on passwords for my wifi devices.

Just because you dont have a problem doesnt mean one doesnt exist.

4 Likes

It is a problem with the servers and sharding. The videos you have pasted above are irrelevant.

NONE of it is to do with direct x. It isnt fps

It has zero to do with computers.

Its server lag. The problem is at their end.

4 Likes

true aehl ty

2 Likes

oh, I see. It’s not happening to me so it must not be a problem.

4 Likes

ignore this person Sri. I’m convinced after reading their replies to multiple topics on multiple threads, that they are just a troll.

edit: oh, and I experience this too. Always assumed it was just me, because I’m too lazy to do the leg work you guys are doing to find the problem. So thanks for the thread.

5 Likes

OP has this in their opening post.

I had some CRAZY lag for about two weeks that eventually did subside. I changed a bunch of settings, sent in reports, did all kinds of things for that 2 wks before it finally, randomly subsided one day for seemingly no reason at all.

It’s insane to me that people are still getting these types of issues, as it’s been months. I really hope it gets fixed for you and everyone else, OP.

1 Like

They said they’d put out a Dev Watercooler post about this lag issue. A long time has passed and they still haven’t done so.

This lag issue has been affecting Oceanic and Europe (and some NA realms) since day 1. It wasn’t until 8.1 that NA started to experience it widespread. It doesn’t affect me as much as it use to, but it does still happen. I honestly can’t believe such a game breaking issue has been allowed to drag on so long. It really is disgraceful.

4 Likes

Thank you. I also want to add, since I didn’t make this explicit, it is not a FPS issue either. Let me try to explain one more time

You look at the screen and monitor with software and you get 30ms all the way through. You look at micro analysis of the fps and it doesn’t change - I have a 144fps monitor and get 144fps all the way through. You look at the gameplay and the gameplay doesn’t stutter or lag. However, there is an input delay. For example, if I look at the bar and I am trying to press fireball after casting another fireball, randomly, about 1 in 5 or 1 in 6 of the times I cast, there is a slightly delay in pressing the button. Again, this may not seem like a big deal, but for things like rotations it can mean, several times a minute, missing your cast or the experience of doing your rotation is just very poor. It is particularly jarring, as mentioned above, given it is a specific instance that encompasses most of gameplay. Frankly, if it was vanilla or dungeons or PvP, I would likely just skip the content until it was fixed. But it is all world zones in the current xpac, which for me, and I imagine many other players, comprises 75%+ of my playtime

And both I and guildmates and friends have posted many bug reports, tickets and asked for help since Sep/Oct 2018. I know they have tried some fixes, and that is appreciated. But all I can tell you is that for many of us, the issue is still not fixed or improved at all

Some things to keep in mind:

The issue mentioned here is not universal. Some have the issue, some don’t. This has an effect of making any issue difficult to reproduce in-house. If it can’t be reproduced, there’s virtually no where to start tackling it.

Not everyone experiencing this is necessarily the same thing. This is why it’s imperative that while it’s happening, submit a bug report in-game. Not on the Bug Report forum, not in General Discussion, not anywhere else. The in-game report system, along with the written report, sends a wealth of additional data about the character’s state that is invaluable to those trying to elucidate the problems. None of the other reporting avenues have that extra data. Even if it feels repetitive, the more reports, the more data, the better.

3 Likes