The BFA World Zone Ability Delay Debacle - 5 Months, 400 Posts And Counting: No Resolution

I have been tracking this issue going back to September 2018. In BFA, only in BFA and only in the zones (not dungeons), there is an ability delay. Not latency - that is not it. I have 20-30ms all the time, no exceptions. No packet loss. No ability delay in PvP, even BFA dungeons, any other expansion. Just in BFA, in the world zones, there is this occasional ability delay, very small, of a fraction of a second where pressing an ability key, once ever 5-7 abilities will have a small hitch or delay.

I have seen maybe 80 posts on this topic and not a single one has a satisfying resolution. People have done every imaginable thing including:

• Simple things like posting dxdiag
  • Turning off overclocking
  • Turning off all addons
  • Resetting the MS window for abilities
  • Turning on and off reduce input lag
  • Running in DX11 vs DX12
  • Turning off gsync
  • Opening all appropriate ports in the router
  • Changing drivers for sound
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling graphic drivers
  • Turning off and closing all background apps and programs
  • Turning off Windows 10 settings, like fullscreen optimization and Game DVR

I am not sure what this is - is there some kind of flaw in the game engine or something?

10 Likes

Since launch

3 Likes

Thanks for this. Please, please, please let’s get some eyes on this. I have had people raising this since the beta. If you include MMO Champion, Twitter and Reddit posts I have seen like 400 posts on this. Please, please, please let’s fix it. It is not vanilla troubleshooting. It isn’t packet loss. It isn’t WinMTR postings. Read my bullet list - this is an issue in the world zones.

1 Like

Thanks for this. Please, please, please let’s get some eyes on this

Look at those threads. Note they have been going for five months or more.

2 Likes

And don’t mention the Dev Watercooler post they said they would do regarding this issue.

2 Likes

Sorry - can you explain this better

There has been a resolution of a lot of non responsiveness in the game. You spent too much time looking through old posts on this forum and not enough time watching the Q & A, where they told people what to do to help fix issues and that fixing in game problems has been a priority.

Things are a lot better than what they were even a month ago.

1 Like

I watched the Q&A. I have the same issue I have had since September. I did all the resolution listed above and repasted here below. If you have a discrete thing you think I should try not in that list, I am all ears. If not, it is unchanged and I have seen no changes or resolution or improvement

3 Likes

The discrete thing is open up a bug report and give them details of when it happens - what character, what zone, where you were and what you were doing.

I rarely have any problems in the game now.

2 Likes

I have done it on 3 toons and 20 people I know in-game have done that too. For 5-6 months. Without any resolution. If you want I will post it again and get walked through the same tired diagnostic for the 20th time without resolution. At some point, it just gets absurd

I rarely have problems as well. In fact only one - the one exact specific issue mentioned above - a slight, consistent hiccup in ability delays in BFA world zones only. Everything else is and has been fine since launch but this is unresolved, still, in any way

5 Likes

I am not sure what you are complaining about then if you ‘rarely’ have any problems - and I told you want to do for the ‘slight’ ability delays in BfA zones. IN GAME, open up a bug report and provide them with details.

If you aren’t going to do that, then you are just wasting everyone’s time.

I am obviously posting here because every person I know has done that 50 times already. You get a walkthrough of the same cookie cutter 10 technical troubleshooting steps and then they say they can’t do anything

5 Likes

IN GAME and you aren’t reading - do this in game - don’t go to tech support.

I have done both. I have submitted bug reports many times. Usually nothing happens and it says thanks for submitting. A few times I know people got a contact back from tech support and it went nowhere

What is your reasonable time period for waiting for a resolution? 5 years?

It is not a latency problem. i don’t have latency. It is the ability hitch you get every 5th or 6th cast and it is very noticeable and annoying if you play a lot. Google search it for 5 minutes and you will see a lot of people posting on this. This is the problem - it is difficult to explain. It is not a latency issue per se

8 Likes

bro its 20-30 ms chill you can barely notice it. I want sriracha almonds now

1 Like

I actually don’t believe you have submitted any bug reports with those details in the last month. And of course, you aren’t going to get a response. Are you one of those people who needs a reply ?

And it is a problem with the game - Ion said in the last Q & A these were going to be fixed on a priority basis so just keep trying.

2 Likes

Things are a lot better than what they were even a month ago.

No, they arent.

5 Likes

Look - you are a nice person and just trying to help. It is just nuts how persistent and unfixed this is. Anyway, thanks for trying. And I promise I did submit bug reports and did watch the Q&A

1 Like

The discrete thing is open up a bug report and give them details of when it happens - what character, what zone, where you were and what you were doing.

They have had this data for five months.

4 Likes