The August 2nd Release of S4 is a gut punch for any guild still progressing M-Sepulcher

Hello everyone,

My guild (US 279) is currently progressing M-Jailer. The news of August 2nd for S4 (and thus the end of CE hopes) is a gut punch to all raiders who are currently progressing M-Sepulcher. This raid, as evident from the 18 day Mythic Race For World First, has been BRUTAL. The fights have been nerfed several times, as they were certainly in a state that could be deemed “unkillable” for the vasty majority of Cutting Edge guilds.

Our guild didn’t mind that. We don’t fight for RWF, we don’t fight for Server 1st, and we don’t fight for Hall of Fame. We just enjoy raiding as a unit, taking each raid as its own challenge, and gradually overcoming the obstacles that Blizzard provides for us. The shortening of this raid window will now leave ~800-1000 guilds that typically get Cutting Edge out to dry. It isn’t the difficulty of the raid encounters that is demoralizing, it is the lack of time

This raid is slated to last 147 days when August 2nd rolls around. This is a few weeks shorter than BoD (which 1600 guilds killed. A noticeably easier raid than Sepulcher). 147 days is also 2+ months shorter than other recent raid tiers (EP/Nyalotha/CN/SoD). As a middle tier CE guild, we don’t mind putting in the time. The 400 wipes. The months of extending. But we just need the time…

I don’t mean for this post to seem entitled. Or as a complaint that I want things to be easier. Or that everyone deserves to get Cutting Edge. But to reference my title, I will feel a massive gut punch from Blizzard if 4 months of hard work, grinding, research, and roster management results in nothing. Especially considering ANY other raid tier we would have walked away with a CE.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you reconsider the August 2nd release date.

13 Likes

You have another month. Tiers shouldn’t last 8 months a piece.

5 Likes

They recognized that completion rates are too low. Expect the last three bosses to be obliterated come next Tuesday, were talking like probably 20-40% off of near everything.

Jailer will still be difficult because of some of the wild mechanical overlaps, but they might touch those as well. I suspect its going to be a very different sepulcher for this last month of S3.

Yep, though i don’t raid CE anymore because of not having the time, i’ll just stick to M+ S4 and not bother with the rehash of old raids. Don’t feel like doing that, i’ll raid again next expansion lol

I think they are nerfing the raid again. I feel for you but the show must go on!

1 Like

agreed while i understand a tier shouldnt be as some said 8 months there was seriously so little warning to this. my guild just got to anduin but unless u raid more than 2 nights a week or have the absolute best of the best in your guild its very unreasonable to get CE in that time frame. my guild raids 2 nights a week for 3 hours each and theres just no way to kill 4 more bosses before august 1st

I don’t raid, but for what it’s worth I hope you guys pull it off. :heart: GL!

Blizzard must be thinking that they can bring some players back with the “Season 4.” But in reality, it’s such a gut punch for raiders, M+ players, and PvP players. I’m not optimistic about their decision.

1 Like

To give some perspective, generally at this point in a tier there would be 1000+ guild kills of the last boss on mythic, probably closer to 1500.

There’s less than 400 currently, in the entire world.

Either the game is bleeding mythic raiders, or the content is too difficult. It’s probably some of both, but the latter is by far the biggest issue right now, and the issue they can more readily address.

To get those ~600 guilds a window to get CE in a month means they are absolutely going to neuter mythic Jailer, and probably lords and rygelon as well. Maybe anduin too, but he’s already a mere shadow of his original incarnation, I’m not sure what else they can remove.

2 Likes

Well you called that. Well done.

In fairness, they went quite a bit lighter than I was expecting. I thought they would do much more to lords and rygelon than a flat health nerf. Also apart from tyranny and some of the numerical changes to jailer, I thought they would have hit some of the more precarious overlaps. Like I’m surprised they kept any knockback in the encounter at all.

Reducing almost non-existent DPS checks on mythic jailer doesn’t actually make it a whole lot easier when the entire difficulty of the fight is mechanic overlaps. Especially since he auto-phases at specific HP %s so you cant cheese it by say, skipping P3 entirely. More guilds will kill it now but I’m not sure they’re going to get the numbers they seem to be aiming for.

As I dont expect these changes to cause a massive swing in the kill numbers for the last three, I’m predicting a further set of nerfs in 1-2 weeks:

Lords - Swarm of Darkness/Decay damage reduced by 25% in all difficulties; number of Carrion Swarm projectiles reduced by one and their speed reduced by 25%; incohate shadows will now spawn significantly closer to the bosses current location

Rygelon - Dark Eclipse duration increased by 4 seconds; Collapsing Quasar Field duration increased by 4 seconds; Cosmic Ejection damage reduced by 30%; Corrupted Strikes damage reduced by 20%; Gravitational Collapse damage reduced by 20%

Jailer - Persecution debuff reduced to 300% increased physical damage; Suffering damage effect reduced by 25%; Misery no longer knocks players back; Rune of Damnation debuff duration increased by one second (Domination cast adjusted to compensate); Tormenting Echo effect slightly reduced in size; Expelled Corruption missile speed reduced 25%; Cry of Loathing cast time increased by 0.5 seconds

1 Like

Well there’s still 3-4 more weeks for them to hack and slash at the bosses until you’re doing LFR with a raid size requirement.

No offense but you have had plenty of time. At some point new content needs to be released.

What new content is coming in s4? Its old raid/dungeons and the new dungeon affix is a flat % stat increase

1 Like

New m+ season and those raids that will be different.

The argument here is that we didn’t. We had one of the most overtuned last-tier raids of all time, and its ending 2-3 months early so they can squeeze in this experimental S4 before dragonflight.

1 Like

But you did. Sorry you think the rest of the community has to wait on low end mythic guilds. Again, you had plenty of time.

big boi here posting on alt; probably has never stepped foot in mythic or stuck on lihuvim.

Please post on your main if you’re going to be condescending.

Issue here is that this raid 1) is harder than SoD 2) has more bosses than SoD 3) has almost 3 less months to complete than SoD

My guild only raids 6 hours a week. Considering the amount of time that was available to complete with CN and SoD, we spent more time in normal/heroic this time around to complete sets for everyone. This was the last raid of the expansion so we figured we had plenty of time (like every god damn expansion’s last raid tier).

We’re now on Anduin, and even with the nerfs there is just no way we are going to get the Jailer. Vacations are coming up and we’ll be missing key people almost every week.

What started as one of the best raid ever will end up as one of the most scuffed raid tier just because of a dumb decision to cut the grass under everyone’s feet too early.

3 Likes

You choose how often you raid. Trying to crap on other people for not choosing to raid is kind of odd but its telling that you took what I said as an attack.