The AoE changes are bad

Please stop making poor decisions for arbitrary reasons that make no sense.

7 Likes

They clearly explained their reasonings. It wasn’t arbitrary.

Not saying I agree or disagree with them but …

7 Likes

It definitely is. And it definitely makes no sense.

3 Likes

Look I can’t believe imma bout to say this but…
If they design encounters and dungeons with it in mind… it will be fine…

6 Likes

Makes total sense to me. It will make for more interesting fights instead of mindlessly spamming aoe buttons. Also, it will let all classes shine even if they don’t have a preferred AOE ability like current iteration.

7 Likes

You’re complaining about this wrong.

The changes are for Torghast, to prevent AoE cheese in something that’s meant to be a challenge.

The real question you should be asking, is why aren’t these nerfs applied exclusively to Torghast.

Let’s see, thread 674 today. You couldn’t post in the other 673? Your use of “bad” is that unique?

1 Like

Ehhhh idk on that. Mindlessly slow grinding packs of mobs isnt fun either.

Also DoT classes will be God’s

Which part of this doesn’t make sense?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/aoe-changes-in-shadowlands/490978

1 Like

I can respect their reasoning even if I don’t agree with it. I do understand what they’re going for, and by all means if it reduces the amount of stuns, fears, teleporting mobs, etc. then I’m all for it. However, it does depend on how the content is designed and if it’s going to be painfully noticeable.

2 Likes

Because the changes are not exclusively for Torghast; they’re to combat a severe problem with gameplay that’s been growing out of proportion for years.

2 Likes

From what I understand they’re mainly/only nerfing some melee dps, not tanks and not many ranged. Seems about right to me. I understand you don’t like it because it’s hitting the class you play. Also tbf, rogues in m+ is probably a big reason they are doing it.

3 Likes

If they made it easier to swap specs, classes, builds, etc when they do a big balance change then they could perhaps do balance changes more often without the sky falling.

They only treat this game like an RPG contemporarily when its least convenient for the player.

It’s reading like fire has a target cap of 8 targets now as well.

They’re trying to get away from the meta of bursty aoe specs is what they’re doing.

I don’t necessarily agree or disagree with it, to be honest. I can see merits in both systems. I suppose it was this or buff the other specs… and we all know that Blizzard prefers to nerf rather than buff.

I mean…it’s not just about this. They should get rid of burst almost entirely and make everyone have higher regular/sustained damage. Burst windows are cool and exciting, but we all know mechanics have to happen. It sucks when you’re a melee like a Ret Paladin and have Avenger up and now you have to move away because of a mechanic or three. You’ve activated combustion as a Fire Mage, but now your turn for mechanic has popped. Well there goes your time window until the next one.

Maybe this expansion they will take the time out to reduce the amount of damage that comes from CDs so getting a mechanic does’t deter your damage so bad or healing. I, myself, prefer my Affliction to just be completely sustained over any burst. It also diminishes content, though, since it’s just PULL BIG! and then pop defensives and CDs and done. They do need to curb this instead of letting it spiral out of control so badly.

That would be nice. It’s felt kind of weird with how former pillar spells like Fireball have taken the back seat in most situations.

1 Like

Can you fill me in on the details? Im redownloading the game for some reason. Did they put in a new patch? My AoE on Prot pally is pretty stupid, will beat most besides extremely seasoned dps.

an outlaw rogue that does m+

poggers ofc aoe capping is bad

what kind of nonsense justification is this?

I also play DK at 2400, hunter and shadow priest. It’s a dumb change

2 Likes

hunter and dk. also has absurd aoe last i remember.

curious about your spriest tho since spriest aoe is lol