The AoE Cap dilemma

What if this addition is all a hoax, and Blizzard is only implementing it so they can take it out later so the community can praise them later for finally taking it out and “listening to us.”

Just like pvp vendors.

8 Likes

Wouldn’t put it past Ion at this point. Literally needs to lose his position in the company as of yesterday.

8 Likes

More like as of Legion. Whoever came up with Legion legendaries needs to be fired too.

3 Likes

I liked them, but i wish we had the system they put at the end from the beginning.

1 Like

I wish that would be true.

It is unlikely they will change their mind since Blizzard has been anti fun and judge fun by its spreadsheet.

3 Likes

Someone had an interesting theory on this the other day. They think Blizzard is trying this to see if it helps server performance issues in high populated zones. I could definitely see that.

1 Like

Pull the ripcord
Delete the AoE cap
Fix GCD
Bring back ML for full guild groups

3 Likes

But that makes no sense for a 5-player instance…

1 Like

This is only a problen because they removed snapshoitting. The enginenhas to go through so many different spell calculations because they adjust dynamically as opposed to only on spell cast/application

5 Likes

Well I think you should lose your position at your job as well. It’s long past due in my opinion.

2 Likes

I think the negative feedback has taken a toll on Ion. He seems very jaded towards criticisms about the game and its like he gets offended when players play thengame in a way he doesnt want them to. A change might not be bad but knowing Blizzard theyd put someone even less qualified in

2 Likes

You mean like azerite vendors, corruption vendors, easy cloak upgrade, easy vision currency, wouldn’t put it past them

2 Likes

And give them CS pay.

2 Likes

You forgot account wide essences.

1 Like

Aoe cap sucks,

If I am suppose to take damage from X mobs at the same time , then I should be able to damage all X mobs at the same time as well.

8 Likes

Well, it’s kinda weird that DH still get a ton of AoE abilities that hit almost everything in a huge pull, but other classes are still boned. Here we go again with DHs being FOTY in 2020-2022.

Im surprised they didnt say some trash like “they new aoe cap will make dungeons feel bigger” like the same trash excuse for them taking away portals…to make the world feel bigger…ok MAUs…

4 Likes

Kind of hard to tell. Blade Dance is target capped, Fel Barrage is target capped, and Eye Beam has a square root scaling cap.

Ah yeah, so many to remember lol

His comment was based on being the paying recipient of Ion’s work. What are you basing your stupid comment on?

3 Likes