The alliance doesn't forget

And they don’t regret it one bit. They said they were “happy with the way players on both sides experienced the story”.

19 Likes

Thalyssra has never backed genocide and the Nightborne were not present in the War of the Thorns.

This is really getting old. :yawning_face:

4 Likes

This is what bugs me the most. Like at least more than half of the Horde’s important characters, given their characterization, should have left the Horde right away and rebelled against her. NOT go along with her war for more than a year before deciding that MAYBE the genocidal banshee is evil.

She waged war against the Alliance after the fact, so she was on board. That simple.

20 Likes

"Time to repay Azeroth by … supporting genocide and waging an all-out war against the very same people who helped me’’

No one other than Sylvanas was on board for the burning of Teldrassil. The events that happened after was just tit for tat battles that Thalyssra and every other member of the Horde and Alliance participated in.

You’re so wrapped up in your head-canon that you resort to making these exaggerated claims conflating the motives of an ousted warchief to that of the entire Horde. :yawning_face:

3 Likes

I’m sorry but adding a cutesy yawning emoji doesn’t change the fact that if you decide to fight for a faction/leader that committed genocide, you condone genocide. It’s pretty simple and it’s exactly why people are saying Blizzard having the Horde do what they did to Teldrassil was a terrible, terrible move.

As much as I don’t like him at least Saurfang had the backbone to not wait a year before realizing Sylvanas is insane and evil.

22 Likes

didnt saurfang sit in jail because he was sad for a while?

7 Likes

Yeah, he did. Still more backbone than the rest of them who just remained Sylvanas lapdogs.

6 Likes

Yeah they ruined Saurfang. Imagine how they could make half of the Horde players dislike him.

Meh, I don’t think so.

6 Likes

Story wise i don’t agree Anduin and Jaina clearly don’t blame all Horde. Even Tyrande only wants Sylvamas head.
Forum wise i don’t know you might have a point.

The Alliance can forget as soon as the writers choose to let them, just as quickly as the Horde can actually change as soon as the writers actually let them.

2 Likes

The reason he was in jail was that he spared Anduin and the reason he stayed was that there was nothing to fight for. That changed when Anduin opened the door, after that Saurfang knows that removing Sylvanas will stop the war.

1 Like

“When you have washed the bodies of a thousand kaldorei burned and broken, when you have fallen to your knees and kissed the feet of a thousand mourning souls, when you look into their eyes and tell them ‘our Horde has changed’ and they believe you, only then will I accept your apology and treat you as my equal.” Tyrande’s voice, edged as steel, pulled the air out of the clearing. “My brethren here may be willing to entertain your empty pledges of justice and aid, but I know better. I have learned better.”

I think that they covered this in the novel. :slight_smile:

29 Likes

Saurfang sat in a jail cell because he was broken.

He bought into Sylvanas’ stupid plan, spared lives, and watched as the occupation of Teldrassil plan went up in flames… Kind of literally.

He watched as the Horde went down the same dumb path the writers constantly make the Horde go down.

He was denied a warrior’s death which has been something that he’s been wishing for since the Third War, and instead suffered the humiliation of capture.

He got to watch peace die, yet again.

He was still dealing with the reflex that ended up saving Sylvanas, prolonging the war on top of going against his personal code of honor with striking someone in the back.

And, finally, it looked like the Horde his son died for was gone.

I wish people would stop saying “he did nothing because he was sad.” He did nothing because everyone has their limits and he had reached his. Saurfang refused to fight in another pointless war.

26 Likes

But that’s what it was.

7 Likes

Not once did I see him mope about… he was, justifiably, angry. It’s honestly one of the most realistic responses I’ve seen to someone watching their hopes for their country or faction going down the same dumb path again and again and again.

Saying that he did nothing “because he was sad” is reductive at best and dishonest at worst. Because I guess characters aren’t allowed to have moments of weakness. Losing one’s motivation and drive is a pretty realistic response for anyone getting to watch the thing they’ve fought so hard to protect crumble around them.

22 Likes

Sounds like we need to finish the job.
I would much rather every single night elf be dead and I be actually guilty of it, than have the story harp on me for something Sylvanas (and Blizzard) did and I had absolutely objectively zero part in.

7 Likes

The Alliance might come for revenge or some other reason and start a new war but the bottom line is that the Horde needs to stop starting wars. Creating conflict with the Alliance has really cost us more than we gained the last few times we tried it, and to keep bashing our heads into “Progress Through Conquest” and hoping for the best is insane.

It’s time to get back to doing what the Horde should have been doing since the days of Hyjal: Defending Azeroth.

2 Likes

Oh look here you are being edgy again.

Yeah, this ‘‘Saurfang got his character assassinated’’ narrative doesn’t really work. If anything the Horde characters who were not portrayed as evil before but willingly fought for Sylvanas in BfA are the ones who had their characters assassinated.

13 Likes

“it’s not a night elf, so i’m going to lie and say he was evil. he ordered all civilians be spared. he ordered all night elf civilians be saved. he personally saw to night elf civilians being saved. not a night elf tho, so evil.”
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Stop. If Tyrande went crazy and blew up Thunder Bluff alongside it’s civilians I’d say the same thing about anyone following her and fighting for her. I’m not even sure what you’re talking about, I’m saying Saurfang was not character assassinated.

10 Likes