The alliance doesn't forget

The horde used to be bloodthirsty, war hungry savages. But ever since the new horde was created, we have been trying to change. The orcs are free from their demonic curse but are still treated like they are not. The undead are humans that broke free of the lich king’s hold on their minds, but are thought of as monsters. The Zandalari trolls were not even part of the horde when the alliance attacked and killed king Rastakhan.

The alliance acts like every member of the horde wanted to burn down teldressil. There is no way every single member of the horde agreed with Sylvanas’s ways, but if they did not obey their war chief, they would be executed for treason. Derek Proudmoore attacked Durotar even though the second war was over. When Garrosh was defeated, Jaina told King Varian to “Dismantle the horde”, which I have no doubt means to kill the horde leaders.

The point is, the horde is trying to change, and the alliance will not let them. DO you agree, or do you have a different opinion?

6 Likes

Daelin Proudmoore.

11 Likes

The Alliance will never change. Like Thalyssra said. They are cloistered, walled off and ignorant as well as racist. They just can’t accept the Horde is the better faction to be allied with you in the long run.

8 Likes

It’s so weird that if you continue to act like monsters, people will still think of you as monsters.

40 Likes

Lol, used to be.

I don’t think any of the Alliances races who lost family due to Horde mercilessly slaying them really care about Horde ‘trying’ to change when for all intents and purposes they’ve stayed just as dangerous as they’ve always been.

More like, the Orcs are free from their demonic curse, but still treated as a threat because it’s clear the demon curse doesn’t really factor into them being murderous sociopaths.

The way they act during war and peace time, both using blight indiscriminately and performing experiments on Alliance races is why they are considered monsters.

Pretty sure the Zandalari were already attacking Boralus and other Kul’tiran cities before Rastakhan died.

People who lost their families in the burning couldn’t give a rats behind if they wanted teldressil burned or not, just if they in any way were responsible for it happening in the first place, mainly those who invaded Ashenvale.

Then they are cowards and chose the Night Elf lives over their own, still makes them complicit.

Daelin Proudmoore. And the second war wasn’t some small ‘skirmish’ that was fought over something like a land or financial dispute. It was less a war then an army of mass murdering invaders wanting to genocide multiple races off the face of the planet.

The fact that a lot of the Orcs who were responsible for unjustified murder in the second war were bailed from their internment is all the reason he needs to attack them. They were imprisoned for just 20 years, which is a joke of a sentence for the crimes they committed.

I don’t think her words could have been any clearer. It means the multiple Horde races would no longer be allowed to ally together as the faction was clearly antagonistic to the Alliance to the point the latter had no business having to tolerate it.

The Horde has had way too many chances and failed at every single turn. At a certain point, letting them keep trying to change instead of the Alliance putting their foot down and deciding for them how they should govern is a joke.

People talk about people like Jaina having plot armor but it’s no contest, the thing with the most plot armor in this game is the Horde faction through and through. If this game were realistic in the slightest the Horde would have been dismantled ago.

33 Likes

Imagine being complicit in genocide and being upset that the victims of said genocide are unwilling to listen to your sob story.

“We’re trying to be better!!”
Wipes tears with tissue made from Night Elf hair

37 Likes

I’m sure the Alliance will forget as long as that spineless albatross Anduin is still around hogging the spotlight.

22 Likes

I don’t think the Horde will want the Alliance to change. I mean what, are they upset the Alliance is so merciful and forgiving to all the warcrimes and flat out terrorist acts the Horde constantly commit? Does she want them to finally start seeking an eye for an eye.

Coming from a Nightborne that’s rich. I think they got the world record title for being walled off that no mortal race will be able to beat.

Except if you are a non-Orc during times when an Orc supremacist War-chief decides your race is inferior and needs to die off.

30 Likes

Pretty sure MoP’s ending was the Alliance saying “ya dun goofed but we’ll give you another shot instead of wiping you out”.

15 Likes

oops. my bad

2 Likes

checks calendar

Yep, it’s Sunday.

3 Likes

Honestly the Alliance shouldn’t forget. They should always be on the lookout and ready for the Horde to eff up again. That does not mean however picking unnecessary fights and then mewling about how justified they are in their aggression.

The Horde also be making more of an effort to not start another Grand Tour of Azeroth and picking unnecessary fights with the Alliance. Thankfully the Horde Council seems to be in agreement with that.

The two don’t got to like or trust each other, but at the very least they just gotta stay out of each other’s lane.

3 Likes

This was never OUR fault. By that I don’t mean in some dumb roleplay sense of “It’s not we, the Horde’s fault.” I’m saying it’s Blizzards failure in delivering a story the presents as they promise. They’ve said many things about BFA’s story that is technically true, but in basically every way they’ve failed us, the players.

Horde players are tired of being treated as villains (at least those who don’t revel in it, and for those players I’m glad someone is at least enjoying the story somewhat).

Alliance players are tired of having to deal with the Horde’s problems for them, as if there can’t be problems within the Alliance that the players can’t deal with.

And ultimately, we were promised a GOOD faction war, and what we got was something most people didn’t seem to like. So again, it’s not our fault this game presents the Horde as a bunch of bloodthirsty savages years after Garrosh, years after Thrall became warcheif, and years after Warcraft3 came out.

43 Likes

This cannot be repeated often enough.

26 Likes

It’s no trouble.

edit: Hopefully they don’t write the alliance to irrationally blame this horde for Teldrassil as Saurfang died and Sylvanas was overthrown-- basically i’m saying the horde are in the clear.

1 Like

This coming from Miss ‘‘Time to repay Azeroth by … supporting genocide and waging an all-out war against the very same people who helped me’’

I’m sorry but I can’t take anything Thalyssra says seriously.

22 Likes

And this is why I really hate BfA’s story with a passion. We didn’t need this retread of “Warchief goes stupid-evil, Horde is written/made to follow along, Horde beats up Alliance, Horde (with Alliance) beats up Horde, then the Warchief leaves and every other plot is forgotten while the players just have to hope that it’s actually resolved off-camera”.

It was painful enough the first time around. It makes every. single. faction. character. look like absolute morons the second time around.

The factions had a delicate balance before. Cata yanked the scales out of whack, but it was recoverable. BfA ripped the scale out, jumped on it several times, and threw the broken pieces into a slag pit. It went so far overboard that there’s no way to pull the faction stories back to the starting point, and for what? What did anyone gain out of this story? Who is actually happy because of the events in BfA?

It’s caused the horrible situation where there’s no good path forward. Either the post-BfA story tries to fix what it’s broken, agitating people who hate what BfA forced them to do and who want to just forget it ever happened; or the story tries to forget BfA, agitating the people who hate what BfA did and want it to get fixed. There’s no middle path - either one group is going to be upset or the other will be, because this story was just that bad.

25 Likes

They’re already trying to scale back Teldrassil in SL by having us save almost all the souls. Maybe Blizzard realized having the Horde commit genocide was an absolute boneheaded move. Probably not though, I doubt they have the capacity for that much self-reflection.

19 Likes

You are giving them too much credit. Those writers won’t realize, or learn anything.

14 Likes

And yet, even bringing them back to life won’t undo the fact that Blizzard decided to explicitly name the act of “genocide” in their game and decided to write a playable faction as being responsible.

All for the shock factor.

It was unnecessary, didn’t fit so many of the characters involved, and yet they wrote it. It’s there, and can’t be undone. That’s what disgusts me.

35 Likes