The Alliance Allied Races are garbage

Why Void Elves instead of High Elves?

Why Draenei-but-holier instead of the Broken from Argus? The actual Argussian Reach.

Dark Irons, fine. 1/5 is still a poor score though.

Why fat people instead of Vrykul?

Why trash Gnomes instead of… literally anything else?

Step up your game, Blizz.

87 Likes

Oh you scamp, you got me.

7 Likes

Void elfs are better than bloodelfs because they have 2 genders.

gg ez.

53 Likes

I mean it’s subjective weither the alliance allied races are good or not, so you wont get the replies you’re looking for.

If you want to talk about the racials of the them, then that’s fine. For example, the draenei from argus have really awful racials compared to the regular dreanai.

6 Likes

I totally love my Void Elves.

Draenei are ok, but so similar to the regular Draenei it’s not all that different, just some diff. racials.

Dark Irons were massively requested a while back and I see lots of them, so must be fairly popular.

Kul’ Tirans um, well… No idea here. But hey they can be Druids. lol

Mechanical Gnomes, uh, who knows. They seem a little popular, but not like other races. I don’t play them as I’m not into Borg’s. I do see some here and there however.

Now, Vulpera… /sigh I do wish they had done what they did with the Panda’s and make these both Alliance and Horde. They are sooooo cute, but I don’t play Horde. /sniff :cry:

For me personally for this expac, Vulpera are basically the only race I’m interested in. And they are out. I really want to play a Human Druid, but the Kul’ Tiran don’t appeal to me much.

So, I made a VElf DK, actually 2 of them. lol Fun. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I do not have much to say for the others but Void Elves are far more interesting than mere blue eyes Blood Elves. Change my mind.

18 Likes

I can talk about whatever I want within forum guidelines, regardless of whether it’s subjective or not,

If racials were that important, mechagnomes would be far more popular than vulpera. They’re not.

3 Likes

Dark Iron Dwarves and Void Elves are pretty cool and better than most of the Horde Allied races (though equal to Maghar and Zandalari)

9 Likes

The correct answer is, “because the developers didn’t want to make high elves playable, but they wanted to give the Alliance a high elf adjacent race.”

Agreed, does not compute.

Does not compute. “Fat people” are not an allied race. You may be referring to Kul-Tirans, and they were added because Vrykul have little to do with the current expansion, however, Kul-Tiran humans do. With the history between Kul-Tiras and Stormwind, they are a natural allied race for this expansion.

Does not compute. “Trash gnomes” are not an allied race. You may be referring to mechagnomes, which were added because of the Mechagon elements of this expansion. And because they are awesome.

11 Likes

You obviously know I am. Don’t be obtuse.

3 Likes

Why have worgen at all ? :unamused:

5 Likes

Instead of a character with a wide range of new abilities and a personality of its own, I too want a Blood Elf Palette Swap; so I could roleplay an Classical Arcade Fighting Game Mirror Match.

4 Likes

Well Void Elves ARE Blood Elves. They literally left the Horde to become Void Elves. Which doesn’t even make any sense since apparently Tauren and Blood Elves in general aren’t allowed to just leave the Horde and join the Alliance? Do they have to become Void Tauren, then the Horde is like “Oh Undead and Half Demon people are fine but the VOID?!? No way man you are out”

Jumped the shark Blizz. Jumped 5 sharks.

2 Likes

Which is… exactly what void elves are.

7 Likes

And you obviously know that I am posting this way because I’m using a mechagon toon, for the purpose of humor and entertainment.

Or maybe that is lost on you because of your saltiness.

6 Likes

Blood Elves cannot survive without a head. Unlike us Ren’dorei.

1 Like

I completely agree.

We could have had Nightborne, vulpera, sethrak… anything cool and important to the story.

We got 2 races that came out of nowhere in BfA prepatch (hard-pressed to call Lightforged a race when it’s a customization option like the dark night elf eyes), 1 race that’s cool (Dark Iron), and then… fat humans, and more gnomes. Gnomes. The most-hated WoW race, Blizzard looked at, and said, “We should give them more.” and then, “Oh, and let’s give the Horde cool adorable fox people that everyone wants!”

Not to mention that the allied race on Horde side, once again, was a rep that started from launch, and the Alliance-side rep is a new rep that most players won’t have.

It’s a bit insulting. There isn’t a single allied race on the Alliance that I actually want to play, while I’d be stoked asf to play Nightborne and vulpera.

4 Likes

I like the Dark Iron Dwarves. Not really crazy about the other Ally allied races.

Honestly didn’t realize that, because “does not compute” is a common phrase used long before mechagnomes were a thing. In any case, I’ll apologize then.

but… but… I’m valid!

4 Likes