The 500 mount shouldn't look all that special

Hear me out.

I do not think putting a unique and desirable mount behind such an impossibly difficult achievement should be a standard.

I know, you’ve collected 500 mounts and put in endless hours to get there. And that’s really awesome. But think about it, you already have 500 mounts to choose from: Do you really think it’s fair in general to expect others to obtain that achievement? You already have some of the most desirable mounts in the game. When is enough enough?

anything is obtainable if you set your mind to it.

So… don’t reward mount collectors for a difficult achievement? Weird take.

13 Likes

I have a few mounts. Nowhere near 500. If they have that many, they deserve something nice.

12 Likes

Seems like this is the story of the fox and the grapes.

A [player] one day spied a beautiful bunch of ripe [mount] hanging from a vine trained along the branches of a [500 mount achievement]. The [mount] seemed ready to burst with juice, and the [player]’s mouth watered as he gazed longingly at them.
The bunch hung from a high [achievement], and the [player] had to jump for it. The first time he jumped he missed it by a long way. So he walked off a short distance and took a running leap at it, only to fall short once more. Again and again he tried, but in vain.
Now he sat down and looked at the [mount] in disgust.
“What a fool I am,” he said. “Here I am wearing myself out to get a bunch of sour [mount] that are not worth gaping for.”
And off he walked very, very scornfully [to the forums].

4 Likes

Yea you have a lot of mounts to choose from. These collectors won’t even ride the 500 mount for more than a week and they’ll be riding new mounts from dragonflight

I wont hear anyone out. Its done to death now.

By that measure, PvP and Raider shouldn’t get desirable mounts either. You don’t get to have everything. That’s life.

I have over 600 mounts, btw, so 500 is completely doable.

1 Like

It’s a selfish take. “I can’t be bothered to farm mounts, so achievement mounts should be crap so I don’t have to feel bad about it.”

9 Likes

i did

and its a terrible, terrible take

13 Likes

I don’t think having 500 mounts is all that special achievement to be honest. All you had to do is play for the most. There was 172 mounts in Shadowlands alone to get and most of them are relatively easy to get

Getting 500 mounts isnt all that hard anymore. It was hard if you wanted to have it before shadowlands. but understand that most people would not collect 500 mounts in the first place if it were not for the awesome mount behind the wall. I only started collecting because I saw somebody on the flame talon. I feel like that is a decently desirable game loop. See something cool and worth it > get it. Instead of making the people who did the grind feel like clowns for it.

3 Likes

It’s actually the opposite of selfish. I’m saying mounts should be more readily available to people and acquiring 500 mounts to get one is unreasonable for most people.

People did the work, other people didn’t

Give the mount a better coloration, make it more unique instead of just a preexisting one with the armor (also on another version)

2 Likes

If my dumb, lazy butt managed to do it then I don’t think it’s near anywhere of an “impossibly difficult achievement”.

1 Like

Is it really though? How many hours of grinding mounts do you propose it would take to get all 500, if it was your sole goal while playing WoW.

Probably around 4,000 to 6,000 hours at the very minimum?

you shouldn’t ask for the reward to be simple, just a recolor. Instead if you feel that the goal is too far away, maybe you should ask for bad luck mechanics, better drop rates:

I just did a post that could bring more mounts to everyone, that’ll be more +1 for the big achievement.

Compared to what? Being uber at PvP, which locks a ton of mounts. Being Uber at Mythic dungeons? Cuz again, locked out for a lot of players. How about the raid mounts? Once again, only some people get it.

What do all of those things have in common? Disabled people, or people with huge time constraints, are screwed. Mount collecting is something that is actually in reach of disabled/casual players. But sure, let’s screw them out of a cool mount, because ableist, gatekeeping reasons. SURE you’re not selfish. I’m sure you’ve complained against all these other mounts I’ve mentioned right? Hypocrite.

1 Like

I think having the achievement is good enough