That only happens if the Horde wins an honorable victory

I didn’t want to go to Kul’Tiras after the War of the Thorns, either, but here we are, characters bent around the locations and story Blizzard wanted to write.

I didn’t call them unhinged, just emotional. I’m also not sure what you don’t understand, nor where you think the text of A Good War doesn’t reflect them as emotional, because it literally describes them as such:

She could imagine their expressions—Saurfang at peace, Nathanos seething—but she did not want them to see hers. Not until her rage had cooled. She needed to think.

Both Sylvanas and Saurfang were emotionally compromised.

Check a video of the Horde quest “The Dead of Night” and you’ll see Worgen joining Tyrande with this buff:

By that logic, Elune’s involvement in saving Malfurion wouldn’t change Sylvanas’ opinion that Genn’s would be angry at the Alliance leadership choosing to aid the Night Elves in retaking their homeland over the Worgen’s homelands. My point being that Sylvanas didn’t think that through, or at all.

Theory didn’t happen, because the Alliance didn’t split.

Which is the answer to a question you asked in another thread:

You have your scales a bit off if you think the leadership of five of the Horde races (Saurfang, Baine, Thrall, Rokhan, Lor’themar, and Thalyssra) turning against Sylvanas versus the three supporting her and the three on the fence (and that’s being generous and saying Mayla isn’t siding with Baine and Ji is still busy off punching dinos) is the same as the leadership of two Alliance races going off on their own but still simultaneously supporting Anduin (once again, see Night Elves at Nazmir, Shandris in Nazjatar, and Genn heading to Darkshore and still coming back for the Battle of Dazar’alor).

I stand by my analysis.

People in this thread (https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/so-shandris-feathermoon-is-the-night-elf-representative-for-the-nazjatar-story/187767/38) have already covered their disgust at the idea that Tyrande would kill Saurfang and continue the war. Would Blizzard do it? Possibly. I also presented an alternative scenario where Tyrande could work with Saurfang, which I would far rather hope for.

But if Blizzard does villain bat Tyrande to prop up Anduin as the voice that should have been listened to all along there will be plenty more complaining than what we’re already getting now.

Except times didn’t change. Malfurion surviving and Genn not turning his back on the Night Elves are two ideas that Sylvanas didn’t connect dots together for or even thought about at all.

1 Like