Thanks for making mythic plus 100% not fun

Now I have a reason to do something else for 42 days until Classic comes out. So actually TY!

13 Likes

Bolstering?

1 Like

Well bols isn’t normally a real concern and granted this week’s combo is awful with emissaries. But the VOID emissary is rediculous. It takes a long time to kill it when that’s the only way to go. The other 2 are fine but why put the void in places where you can’t LOS it or blocks the only viable path? Unless you get lucky placemement you will have to deal with them and they take a lot of extra time.

I finished KR 10 took my group over an hour.

1 Like

Just to point out, most people aren’t really geared for 10’s yet, even you at 418 which is really solid are a good 15 ilvl’s behind the reward for the place, dps is also scaling at an incredible rate (gear + essence’s), and most people aren’t that familiar with the new affix.

So all that combined I would expect it to be a pretty decent challenge this week and not as many 10’s done in time.

9 Likes

It’s technically only as difficult as a 12-13 was before. But yes, it’s a hard week, and the new affix is much harder and slower (and newer) than reaping.

The focus on making M+ slower and more arduous is the problem - Bliz felt reaping was “too easy” so they see season 2 as a mistake. While players had a lot of fun, and I got a dozen or so guildies to do M+10 who had never done it before, Bliz felt it was the wrong direction.

I guarantee you that those new guildies I introduced to M+10 won’t be doing M+10 this season. Apparently the “infinite scaling” is not enough, it also needs to be a slogfest that people truly struggle to beat timer on.

13 Likes

My real guess is they do not want Mythic +10 to be farmable content. We do not know because communication is so poor on design philosophy and we get more arm waving them actual in depth detail.

Only thing beguiling does is utterly kill certain keys as they will never be able to be completed in the timer without death runs in certain spots.

2 Likes

I agree, there’s clearly a disconnect between what the players want and what the devs want.

The only caveat being that rewards (achievements, gear farming, etc.) need to make sense for the difficulty. Remember a lot of people complained that raiding was pointless since you could get so much bis gear from m+ easily.

4 Likes

People also carried others for gold, which Blizzard dislikes. This might solve that to a degree.

Well it’s true people get carried for gold and even rl money but that would equally apply to raids. I would argue that raiding is much more a problem in that regard. But since gokd for carrying is not against the TOS I seriously doubt blizzard was thinking about this with the implementation of beguiling.

I wonder why they addressed a twink helping others level this patch then.

I think they were perplexed at really good groups pulling everything like in MDI. This certainly stops people from doing that at least with the voids. Basically reaping was too easy so they went the other direction. I don’t mind difficult but i do mind sloppy implementation. It’s like they didnt even test it.

There was an attempt at the inclusion of ranged dps. Doesn’t help that all but 1 have long cooldowns for interrupts and can’t really participate in an interrupt order. That said being able to manage the affix is simply more convenient for ranged, but then you have the issue of the dungeon itself. Kappa

Yes a lot of fun times will be had in shrine this season

Bring 1-2 ranged DPS every time to manage voids (and bubble emissaries if you don’t have a resto druid) that are in your way but then suffer as these ranged DPS have poor (or zero in the case of lock) interrupts for the masses of caster mobs in there and the second boss

It’s actually more like a +16. Not only the scaling changed from 8 to 10%, but they also buffed the base dungeons by 30%.

3 Likes

I actually enjoying Beguiling so far, it ads a strategy layer that Reaping didnt have because it was non existant. I have done 3 dungeons so far and timed all of them.

To all the people complaining about the Void emissary here is a simple tip, you can tank the first 2 cast without an issue and if you dont kill it in that time then you need to improve your damage.

Actually like half of the void emissaries i faced got killed after just 1 cast and like 70%-80% into the second.

4 Likes

That’s a good and faactual point. What it means, at least currently, is to only bring high ilvl and high raider io peeps along for the ride. Your casual pug will most likely suffer still.

Not an actual benchmark.

3 Likes

The harder you make M+ to pug, the more carries you will see. These affixes will never stop a sale team and will just drive more sales.

3 Likes

I doubt that is a real problem. This promotes selling tokens and that’s a prime motivator for Bliz behavior.

So, my guess, when M+ participation drops (very badly) and then token sales drop (because less people are going to attempt to stay M+ relevant), Bliz will do massive nerfs to the +10 affix and also probably on other affixes.

The seasonal affix not being fun is going to hit them where it hurts - and I hope it does, they need to refocus on making the game fun, not just a punishing slog.

What’s shocking is how badly they misjudge the important stuff… we will get an “apology” note when 8.3 drops about this, but the damage will be done. They absolutely can’t test this stuff at all internally and have no counter to their own bad ideas.

BTW the feedback on the PTR was very sharply negative on the affix… no tweaks whatsoever. Bliz doesn’t really see PTR testing as of any value whatsoever.