Thanks for making Frost DK useless

I saw a lv58 hunter and said “huh free honor”
it killed me, easily, i was frost.

Okay, let’s try something

Unholy, but with 1 one-hand weapon (no festering strike, no apocalypse, less DPS) and guess what, i totally destroyed it, as it should.

Then I entered a dungeon, full of lv60 (so no weird scaling,a lso thanks for that, lv10 deal more tan lv58 :slight_smile: )and topped DPS again!
Do i feel good? absolutely no, it wasn’t me, it’s this stupid spec being so busted. Destroy Unholy, or make frost relevant. I literally do more damage with one hand than frost with 2 and enchants and sheet.

This was the best part.

2 Likes

One aimed shot did 4k to me, using plate armor. That’s like my wyrm thingy that has 3 min CD

1 Like

Frost mage and frost death knights. Seems to be a theme. You could say we’ve been given the cold shoulder.

10 Likes

How about just make them both even. I don’t see a reason to nerf something into the ground to make both unholy and frost suck.

1 Like

plate armor means nothing these days it’s just another thing so everyone isnt fighting each other for the items…

it’s unfortunate but I had hopes for frost since 2h got back but it didnt get enough atention.

1 Like

Too much info.

3 Likes

Hunters are mega broken, no wonder

huh… yes, it means “a lot”. The difference between a mage (cloth) and a warrior/DK (plate) is about double the physical damage reduced (of around 12-15% reduction worth)

they nerfed frost dk 3 times in a row in late beta, probably because a dev on his sub rogue lost a duel or something.

Been garbage ever since.

3 Likes

Perhaps all our greatness is locked behind future patches.

So one of your solution to Frost being really weak is to nerf their other dps spec to their level so that both dps dk specs are useless? Really?

Also Unholy isn’t busted anymore, its still very good, but not busted. Frost is just that much weaker by comparison.

I still play a Frost Dk even if people say it’s useless. I still play what I want. I may not pvp or whatever I still play. I have hope that maybe Frost Dk’s will get a buff sometime another in a future patch.
Then will we hear people whining about “nErF FrOSt Dk’s” I can just see it lol.

3 Likes

I’m wrecking right now, Frost is just really gear dependent. Also Breath is doing a lot better right now than 2h. Another tip I can give you, is when building your legendary. Don’t go with the two that people are saying, build Rage of the Frozen Champion first. Its all around better for both single target and aoe. I personally like being all around good vs good at one or the other.
Plus, who doesn’t want unlimited breaths=D I am having a blast give it some time. Once I hit about 185 item level, I started to notice a huge power spike.

I think it’s relevant to note that Blizzard doesn’t seem to balance classes and specs based around all of them doing the same amount of damage or even close to the same amount of damage. I’m not sure what it’s based around, but I’d guess they don’t want people playing Frost. Why? Couldn’t say. Maybe too many people played Frost before. Or the developer losing to Frost on their sub-rogue. No clue.

But this couldn’t be further from the truth, I am beating unholy dk’s in certain fights and always not far behind if I get a really good one. Its all about knowing how to play your class.
Yes, frost is worse than unholy right now. But that does not mean its bad, if you truly want to make a class shine it doesn’t matter what the charts say.

2 Likes

This is also a relevant statement. Every so often Blizzard changes the classes around and they play completely differently. My hunter in SL is very different from my hunter at the start of BfA. I mean, it’s the same abilities, but they work differently, and they interact differently.

1 Like

Nah, it was hyperbole, the real solution is to give synergy in Frost abilities, plus an AoE Runic Power spender.

BoS is every 2min and the CD doesn’t start on cast but when the effect is done, so even if you manage to keep it up for a minute, after it ends, you’ll have to wait another 2min to start, while Unholy has DnD super spread dmg every 20s (30CD but lasts 10s)

How’s that Frost Scythe has 5 target limit but DnD scourge strike has none? Pandemic spreads to all, like Frost Fever, but you can’t expunge/epidemic the frost fever, just use a single target Frost Strike for laughable dmg in aoe, or run the weak talent Glacial Advance, that also is in a line rather than a cone or cicle (less spread, harder to hit all mobs) and has CD.

An easy solution is to make Frost Scythe actually do more damage in AoE (it does less than 1/5th of an Obliterate damage, so you don’t really do any more damage in aoe using it over Obli, actually, doing less since obli cleaves to 1+ in DnD while Frost Scythe does nothing; only during Killing Machine and Inexorable Assault you get a nice dip of dmg, still far from Unholy effortless Epidemic spam)

Or make BoS baseline like the FrostWyrm and turn Frost strike into a 20-40 runic power spender (currently at 25 is super akward, it’s equivalent to 1 obli and random runic power gain from Fever, but has diminishing effects on multiple targets) that, when using 40 RP, does cleave damage to targets afflicted by Frost Fever in 8y radius or smt.

@Slimefinger And… you must be dueling bad Unholy, bc Frost rly has pathetic dmg. Festering Strike does the same dmg as Obliterate with 2H weapon (even with the supposed 30% damage boost of using a 2H, it’s the same as Festering) but doesn’t apply fever, while Festering puts the bursting sores. AoE?
Only breathe which is a talent, and very ocasional (unlike Epidemic)

Currently I am Unholy with 1 hand, yes, the 1 hand from back when I played Frost, and guess what? I’m doing way more damage than before. Sure the wyrm is a spike of dmg that can only be matched with Army of the Death, but outside of that 3min CD, you really can’t compare the damage meters. And both have the same utility (Unholy has stun with the Gnaw and Dark Transformation, Frost has nothing).
Check the charts for raid and Mythic+, in any percentile, always, Unholy DK is way, way better than Frost even after nerf.
On a funny note, your DK base abilities: sacrificial pact, death coil, and Death and Decay, all do Shadow damage, so it’s better for Unholy Mastery :slight_smile: as if they needed more, right? Frost really sucks, it is fun, but sucks.

And if you want real infinite breathe, go to Revendreth and drink the Overflowing Chalice. If you activate breathe and have +16 Runic Power for when it ends, you’ll keep spewing frost forever, considering you don’t go below 16 RP (it no longer costs any Runic Power, but once you cross the 16 mark, it goes away). Just every minute or so, hit a mob with obliterate to get 100RP. If you have the PVP talent Infusion, you can keep it up 100% with DnD, infusion and empowerment.