Thank You - The Legendary Spoons

Hi all,

I had a really unfortunate experience with Femi/Xquizit - a hunter from the guild Memento.

I was selling a biznicks 247x128 Accurascope - cheap - for 300g. Femi messaged me on her alt, Xquizit, saying that she’d buy it for 250g. I said that that was around/below at cost mats. She said she was poor and only had 250g on her. After a short conversation, we agreed on 260g - 10g to be paid by her alt when she could, and 250g from he main straight up. This is exceptionally cheap considering the mats. Unforunately, when I CoD it to her, I sent it as 250 - using my addon - which autocorrected to 2 silver, 50 copper. A really unfortunate mistake on my part. I explained this to Femi, and she said not to worry. Trust her - and so I immediately after mailed her a pie for the remaining gold… I’m sure you can see where this is going.

Several hours passed and I received the CoD for the scope, but no the pie. I messaged her about it asking if I should go to blizzard or if she was going to pay me. She explained that she hadn’t seen the pie in her mailbox and that I shouldn’t dare threaten her with contacting blizzard as she told me to trust her.

Several hours passed - she raided ony, returned to SW for 30 minutes, then raided MC with her guild. It was at this time I messaged someone who claimed to be the GM of momentum about what had happened. They said they love it when idiots message him telling him they f***ed up and that he would have done the same thing. Words were exchanged. I was then ridiculed and taunted by several members of memento as they ‘meme’d me’ in their discord.

I was really disappointed by how the guild handled it, At the end of the day, I messed up, and while even Blizzard - in a ticket - agreed that Femi had intentionally ignored me and that actions would be taken - would not be able to restore my losses/the item.

I was then messaged by two members of the guild - Littlespoon and Bigspoon - who had heard about the event as I was being ridiculed in guild chat. These two members felt strongly that the situation had been handled poorly, and wanted to show me that for every negative interaction I will have in WoW, chances are there will often be an opposite positive reaction. They paid out Femi’s debt - in full - on behalf of the Femi.

I just wanted to shout them out - thank you guys so much. It was such a kind and genuine act, and I really appreciate it. If you see them out and about, be sure to give them a wave and help them out when you can!

Hope you all cringed and had a bit of a laugh at my stupidity. I sure feel a lot better about it now, though. Cheers to the legendary Spoons!

1 Like