Thank you, Blizzard

I’m happy to see that you are making changes. I love this game, even when it makes me angry. I am happy that it at least appears that you are making a change in direction. Thank you for (finally) listening.

9 Likes

Changes are nice. Overhyped but they are brining changes.

For example skipping maw intro and renown is all they consider in “engaging alt experience”.

Customization they talk about is bleached down to few skin colors and few hairstyles (probably 3-4 types of each) for races that are bleached out already as it is. But they added ear size option. Wow

Again at least they do some changes , but that is nothing how much they have to do

1 Like

Just because something isn’t important to you, doesn’t mean that other people are not super excited for it.

I race changed to Void Elf for the short ears and white hair…and I have a feeling many other players will be doing the same.

I mean i wish I had you mindset where adding size of ear can make you look other way from room full of problems.

The importance of the problems are subjective to how each person plays.

There are plenty of things that I think they could have done better in Shadow Lands, and it seems like they are addressing many of them.

But for me, none of Shadow Lands problems were game breaking. I was able to enjoy the game before 9.1.5 and now I get to enjoy it even more with my short elf ears and white hair.

This is the part that annoys me. Yes I’m happy they ate making changes in the right direction. But no where have they said that they should have earlier. They are standing by it as though they did the right thing at the time which they clearly did not.

I would be extremely happy to be wrong but I predict the cycle will repeat in 9.2 and 10.0 just like it has in every major patch for ages

3 Likes

My opinion is that new leadership is actually making positive changes because they actually play the game.

The litmus test will be obviously if they actually do balance tuning to talents, conduits and sould binds as the PTR progresses.

And continued balancing passes for the AoE soft cap.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

3 Likes

No one didn’t say about enjoying or not enjoying the game.

It’s just blizzard overhyping stuff. They could just say we will bring new customization, instead “we are listening to player base and we are adding many more customizations to certain allied races” when in reality is 3 of each style.

Renown skip and maw skip are good changes , but you can’t say that those
two changes will be alt engaging.

Credit should be given where it’s deserved. These changes are something SL should have started with

3 Likes

I agree with you that they should have been in SL at the start and are overhyped but we need to also be careful of putting them in a “Damned if I dont and Damned if I do” position. We put them there and they may stop making changes even if they overhype them.

3 Likes

If the forum reaction in the last week is any indication…they are already in this position.

The important question now is if the changes actually increase revenue/player retention for the next quarter. Essentially, will they be rewarded for the effort or is fixing the game a lost cause.

I will give them more credit when they say they were wrong and should have listened to us earlier. Until then I don’t think they have learnt anything and they will do the same in 10.0-10.2 etc

I’ll thank when this continues and isn’t just happening because of low sub numbers and the lawsuit.

If they keep this up until 10.0 and actually listen to feedback the first time in the alpha and beta for 10.0 then I’ll thank them. This is just business as usually for them tbh.

1 Like

They get only “it’s about time you changed that” , but not “ thank you for changing that”

It’s like when you tell you kid to clean your room. You don’t praise him after you kept telling him for a month to clean a mess. You just say it’s about time you cleaned that mess.

“Conduit Energy, however, is a different story. The system simply has not played out the way we hoped it would. We should have heeded community feedback and taken a different direction a year ago.” - One small admission

3 Likes

Well I am very happy to have been wrong. Hopefully they continue to admit their mistakes. When they create a trend of doing so I will give them the praise they will then deserve

I feel like their leadership has altered slightly, and I am happy to see it.

I truly hope so. I hope I’m wrong with my predictions of the cycle repeating in 10.0. It seems like 9.1.5 is a step in the right direction but they will need to take a lot more steps to make a real difference in my opinion. It’s what I’m hoping for though

1 Like