Thal'kiel should come back

Thal’kiel, the Man’ari whose skull was used by warlocks as an artifact in Legion, should come back as his own character.

Now I know what you’re thinking. “Isn’t he dead? I’m pretty sure being dead is an important step to becoming a floaty skull artifact weapon.”

And you would be right.

However, we know the final fate of all artifacts was to be used to drain Sargaras’s sword of fel energy to save the planet.

Thal’kiel is a warlock. A powerful one at that.

And we super charged him with fel energy.

Thal’kiel should return as a character. Fully alive. Probably red because fel.

If for no other reason than the fact that the game needs more warlock characters who don’t get immediately killed, and Thal’kiel could be that.

6 Likes

No.

Well… not until we get playable Manari. Then… sure. To bolster their ranks.

Warlocks don’t need some dude out of no where. We have enough. The problem is making space for them in the lore. Thalyssra and Jaina seem to have the magic realm covered. Kadghar ran upstairs and slammed his door. Rhonin and Krasus and Malygos are dead. Kalec is crying into his Jaina cake.

Blizzard seems to use a Mage when ever they want magic to matter. We have the Warlocks. Blizz just doesn’t like using them. We aren’t pretty enough.

And that’s silly, and should be fixed as soon as possible.

Having a character like Thal’kiel they could use without people just staring in to space and asking “who?” when they’re brought up would go a long way to making that happen.

2 Likes

I’d love all of the talking artifacts to come back. It’s stupid that only the dumb knife got to.

I miss Matt Mercer talking to me whenever I played my mage.

Well to complete that Ming the Merciless look of yours, you need to go bald.

1 Like

I would like to see him, alongside new demon content in general. Demons have the potential to be far more interesting than they ever have been now that they’re free to pursue their own agendas instead of being press-ganged into Sargeras big idiot crusade.

I mean, obviously, a lot of them are big idiots who would basically choose to do the same thing anyway, but surely the ones as clever as Thal’kiel have more interesting ambitions.

7 Likes

I have terrible news for you. The reason that Blizzard doesn’t main characters who are warlocks?

It is because warlocks are…

…stinky.

Given how they’re filling things out on a cosmological scale, I wouldn’t mind finding out Aluneth came from a Plane of Order, and meeting him again when we go there.

Though, I have questions about a hypothetical Plane of Order, since our reality is the one the Titans manifested in.

Aluneth’s been buggy for me ever since they let it be moggable. Sometimes I get whispers, sometimes I don’t. Sometimes the voice lines play along with it, sometimes they don’t.

Well, even Thal’kiel’s ambitions only really mounted to overthrown Velen and Kil’jaeden so he could rule the eredar. When it comes down to it, Gul’dan wasn’t after much different. Nor was Archimonde, or even the dreadlord
Ulthalesh who refused to bow to Sargeras.

As a force for Disorder, the fel doesn’t really encourage complex motivations. It erodes one’s preexisting motives, replacing them with a hunger for more power and control. Hence why even the Burning Legion was basically a bunch of disorganized maniacs vaguely running amok at Sargeras’ command until he corrupted and installed the more orderly eredar as leaders to impose some measure of coordination on the rest. They had the Dark Titan himself pushing forward this grand idea of “fixing” creation by destroying it, and his eredar subordinates enforcing that, but among the general ranks the demons aren’t really big picture thinkers; for most it was mainly just an excuse to do what demons are inclined to do without fear of anyone being able to stop them.

Give the demons their own “agendas” and those agendas will likely amount to individuals or small groups trying to bludgeon each other into submission so they can build personal armies and go wreck this or that random planet for their own entertainment.

I.e., they’d be roughly like how they were before Sargeras created the Burning Legion. Especially since without Sargeras backing their authority and without Antorus centralizing the demons’ regeneration, the eredar wouldn’t be able to systematically keep the demons in line with the threat of swift punishment for failure. The mess we made on Argus frankly left little in place to keep the demons unified in purpose.

Remember that any demons, including Kil’jaeden himself, only served the Legion because they did not believe Sargeras could be defeated, and would rather work for him than be killed by him.

Now that he’s gone it’d entirely possible the bulk of the Legion’s forces will want nothing to do with “demon stuff”

GASP

How dare you, sir! I am never stinky! You’re smelling my fel puppies after they’ve torn my enemies to bloody shreds.

bends down and pats her fel puppies

Who’s a good boy, yes you are. Don’t listen to the mean Draenei. He’s just jealous he doesn’t have cute wittle puppies like you.

3 Likes

I don’t know. A Female Belf Warlock who has enslaved the Eredar Twins would have the same marketability that Sylvanas used for most of her existence.

The French invented perfume for reasons such as this.

I knew the artifacts were somehow sacrificed to weaken the sword’s impact, but somehow didn’t realize they were explicitly absorbing fel energy to do it… Meaning the Warlock artifact weapons should now effectively be a trio of fel nukes lmao

I do hope Warlocks and to a lesser extent Fel become relevant again, mostly because I love the story of using an “evil” power to enact positive change out of necessity or curiosity. Void has been doing this recently but even that has mostly been construed as insanity rather than outright evil

The non-sapient ones are probably fired like the rest of the artifacts, but Thal’kiel wasn’t just a powerful staff. He’s an intelligent being with millennia of experience manipulating fel magic.

Pit Lords from the start were Brutes doing what they were told and were very good with Arcane Magic. They also like to push around and torture any lowly mortal who gets in their path. They are pretty much just the Ogres of the Twisting Nether.

Dreadlords being from Revendreth are filled with upper class debauchery and love War.

Eredar hate kissing, joined Sargeras out of fear and would probably start killing Succubi now that Sargeras is dead. Besides that all I see is them working to fix Argus(the damage of which Kil’jaeden visibly resented).

That’s weirdly specific. You have a source for that?

3 Likes

Rise of the Horde shows Talgath visibly being disgusted with Durotan and Draka showing romance and it is mentioned that he would have killed them if it hadn’t gone against his orders.

And that makes it a trait of the entire species and not just Talgath’s issue how?

2 Likes

Rise of the Horde also specifically states that male Man’ari(unlike the Females with leathery wings and tail) slacked their lust with violence not coupling and that is why Talgath was offended by the romance between Durotan and Draka.

I was thinking of another french invention. ((I don’t actually know if it was invented by the french))