Texture flickering

After updating to the latest geforce driver i get terrible texture flickers . anyone else having the same issue ?

EDIT: rolled back the driver, flickers are gone.

2 Likes

same issue here

1 Like

getting massive flickering too. i just used DDU in safe mode and installed cyberpunk drivers, i turned shadows to low and it fixed it… for now

Other thread has 40 posts in it
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/nvidia-46079-drivers/766732

Yeah, same issue here. And its annoying because only way to fix it is to downgrade the Nvidia drivers, but I need those drivers for Cyberpunk…

The flickering issue can be resolved by changing your Graphics API setting to use DirectX 11 rather than 12 in the advanced section of the WoW system menu

6 Likes

@blizz plz let me know when i can update my drivers . thanks

Changing it to 11 does seem to help for a temp fix… my poor eyes can’t handle that flickering… it is super annoying in Ardenweald xC I hope Blizz does do something on their end to resolve this

Direct 11 has SO OOOOOOOO much lag it’s like turning becomes like trying to turn an aircraft carrier rather than a speedy sports car

I am also getting the flickering and my husband is also. This started happening maybe about a week or two ago. When I relog it seems to fix it for a short while. But then it gets bad again.

Why this not fixed yet?
roll back my drive did not fix the problem.
if was a exploit, the problem was fix overnight.

1 Like

Same here, flickering and screen flashing with all 460.xx Nvidia drivers.

The only consistent and reliable fix is to roll back the Nvidia driver to before 460.whatever and wait for NVidia to unscrew their screwup.

If Blizzard has any part in this, it would still be in collaboration with Nvidia, so the ball remains in Nvidia’s court.

I’m not only getting flickering but I also go back and forth between the game and the sign in screen… back and forth … back and forth … the only way out to do a Alt-Ctl- Del. When I get to stay on for longer then 3 seconds its like my mouse moves in slow motion and I am running in jello. I have a BRAND new Alienware 11 with Nvidia. Because my computer is so new I went ahead and just did a reinstall… I have rolled forward and backward on my drivers. I dont want to have to cut down my settings its the reason we buy new computers right! I just give up. Oh and I should say the game ran sooooooooooo good even with the start up of Shadowlands , well up until this week.

I should add that I have the same flickering on Borderlands 2 so I am thinking its not Blizzard but Nvidia!

I’ve got this in Bastion, the whole sky flickers black like a strobe light. It’s profoundly disorienting and I seriously hope they fix it soon. I’m trying the DirectX 11 workaround since I’m not raiding, and hoping the lag doesn’t get too horrible, but… ugh.

things to try if you haven’t already… reset to recommended settings (these settings) for Graphics and Advanced (then adjust to your liking) , disable Vertical Sync , disable Outline Mode then do a /console gxrestart

ive tried everything pretty much at this point and nothing worked besides switching to dx11 .I’m not sure who to blame for this blizzard or nvidia or communication between them . But its actually absurd that it havent been fixed since release of this expansion.

1 Like

This fixed it for me, annoying that the bug still exists half a year later.

It’s still happening, and Dragonflight is almost out…pretty sad, would’ve thought they’d have fixed it, but apparently it’s been swept under the rug…