Texture Flickering

Thanks for the follow up on this Kaldent! That might be worth reporting to Nvidia since that feature is in testing. You can reach out at their forums to do so.

With triple buffering and alpha test multisample disabled I’m getting this consistently as well.

Yeah, I’m having this issue crop up again with the latest nvidia drivers. I’ve disabled the settings mentioned in this thread and it’s still not resolved.

1 Like

I noticed this too since the latest driver. It’s either the lighting intensity on foliage flickering or things like fog or smoke flickering. I see it most in bastion and the maw/torghast

1 Like

Getting this again as well.
Haven’t been to Bastion yet to test it, but it is definitely bad in Torghast.
I do see it flicker on foliage as well.

same. alot of this in Torgast, Bastion and some places in BFA

edit: had to roll back to driver version 457.30 (Nov 2020), it works fine, no flicker at all. i hope they can fix this.

1 Like

It hurts the eyes…and my mog :slightly_smiling_face:

Same as others, after recent nvidia driver update I get flickering throughout Ardenweald and the Maw.

1 Like

Same boat. Tried reverting to last version. That didn’t fix it.

Also have been getting this for several weeks now

Same flickering issue after installing the new Nvidia drivers.

I did the “switch to dx11” fix and it stopped flickering

1 Like

457.51 is the newest driver that does not flicker for me. wife updated past that and I had to downgrade her to fix it.

1 Like

I am also getting this issue. It seems to happen after I have been playing for a while.

Edit: It seems like minimizing the game a few times triggers it

I had this issue where trees and other things in the background and foreground of the game were flickering. The way that I fixed this issue was by switching from Directx12 to Directx11 this can be done by

1. Pressing Esc.
  2. Select System.
  3. Select Advanced.
  4. Change the Graphics API.
  5. Restart the game client

Hope this helps! For The Horde, but not Sylvanas

1 Like

Disabling Triple Buffering fixed this flickering issue.

Running a new Ryzen 5600X and the same evga 1060 SSC. Never sen this game with shadows before so I set everything to ultra and saw this weird flickering. I’m on 460.89 WHQL version drivers.

Disable Triple Buffering

I’ve been having this as well. Just like the OP, I also noticed capping the framerate at 60 fixes the issue. Except it’s a terrible fix, since I want to run the game @ 120.

Disabling Trible Buffering does not help (it was already disabled anyway). I noticed, though, that enabling and then disabling it fixes the issue… Until it comes back.

My system is a Ryzen 2700X and a GTX 1070, 32 GB RAM DDR4. OC on both CPU and RAM. Windows 10 latest build, latest NVIDIA drivers. Not sure if relevant, but I use an LG C9 and the main monitor when playing WoW.