Terribly unbalanced again with Boomkins pulling 15-20% above

Look at Painsmith and KT and you see Druids pulling 15-20% above everyone else whether Boomkin or Feral forms. While BM and MM are mid/bottom table? SV again at the bottom? What’s this?! 9.05 all over again!

No surprise why hunter population have dropped by 2/3 since 9.1 began. Yes the 10-15% buffs were welcome but we need another 10-15% in order to compete. TLDR: 15% overall buffs to MM/BM and 30% buffs to SV

Boomkins have insane survivability, movement speed and damage. Super easy rotation as well - mainly starfalling

1 Like

You can’t just look at specific fights to determine who needs buffed or nerfed. Overall, BM and MM are doing “okay”, which is a stark contrast to before 9.1 week two buffs. Boomies are still the reigning kings of burst, but they’re well behind Arms Warriors and Affliction Locks.

As far as Hunters; (Just my opinion)

• SV needs a PvE buff, but they’re doing quite well in PvP so it needs to be balanced appropriately.
  • MM needs a couple abilities buffed, but probably not an aura percentage buff.
  • BM needs active talents rebalanced and buffed to bring the spec more in line with others, where active abilities outperform passive.
4 Likes

Lol the cherry picking is real!!

Here let’s do the same: “Look at Mythic Sylvanas, MM is ahead of Boomkin and just barely behind #1 spot Fire mages. Meanwhile Enhancement way below!!! Just check the numbers, undeniable proof: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/28#boss=2435&dataset=90.”

Look at Heroic . All fights. 95th percentile. Booms are at the top.

Mythic parses are so few now they aren’t reliable.

2 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t just look at the 95% to determine what needs buffing and nurfing. You also haft to factor in item levels based relative to the difficulty and distance in to the raid to get better metrics on performance. For instance have you looked at how well Affliction locks are doing when pushing through mythic with 230 gear? They are destroying everyone despite there relatively low potential compared to Destruction and Demonology.

Looking at a specs potential damage means absolutely NOTHING to the majority of players in most cases. What dose matter is having an acceptable amount of damage to pass though the content while at a reasonable item level. Right now every spec passes. Most specs are going to have good and bad fights. Some people will pars better then others simply because of there raid comp.

I am not here to shame you or anyone but the fact of the matter is most people don’t actually use WoW logs. The data is there to help YOU improve and analyze how you are doing relative to others logging. If your not mythic raiding WoW logs is actually irrelevant unless your guild is hard stuck on a boss because of healing or damage. If your looking to better yourself or improve I highly recommend logging for yourself and looking trough your damage breakdown alongside the encounter timeline to see what you did, when you did it and how you can better accommodate mechanics.

Stop using wow logs like its a weapon to attack Blizzard. Instead use it for what it is intended for and get a better understanding of your class and how you can improve.

1 Like

That Afflock data is due to Aff performing stupidly well on one boss (Remnant of Ner’Zul). A boss for which there are a grand total of 5 (yes, FIVE) Afflock parses. Not even close to being enough data to draw any sort of conclusion.

You are drawing a conclusion from data that is not nearly robust enough to be meaningful. Could Afflock turn out to be great at higher item levels? Sure. Could is be great at farm content? Sure. But there’s not enough data to make a determination.

Edit since I looked, that number of parses has tripled. Seems Aff is getting a look by some people.

I think hunters need a little more on demand or burst damage. Ideally I would increase damage from BM beastial wrath, MM trueshot and survival I don’t play or understand.

Many pve fights have adds that need to be burst down and hunters outside of MM don’t have anything on demand.

BM is basically an affliction lock for physical damage as it takes a while to ramp and is heavily nerfed for any aoe.

The Antlers legendary actually gives a fairly decent burst window on up to 4 targets. It’s not convoke single target burst, but it’s not terrible either. You can more or less think of it as taking all the damage Rylak’s or SFE would do and compressing it all into a 2 min C/D of burst lined up with Aspect of the Wild.

Survival has the better on demand burst. Wildfire bombs are really strong,

I would make Antlers also add a 35% extra proc chance for 5 or more targets, in addition to the current 100% for 4 targets or less.

I’m not saying the sky is falling, but I’ve already seen our 15% buff get outscaled by some other classes.

As the average ilvl improves, Hunters will fall further behind.

5 Likes

They need to make Power Infusion a self-only Buff for Priests. This one buff is causing almost all of the misrepresentation of parses. Only then can you properly attempt to balance classes.

1 Like

I don’t think they need to go that far. The sites that do the parses simply need to have a mark indicating who got PI.

They already do.

1 Like

In individual parses they do, but last I checked they don’t account for it when listing class breakdowns of DPS. Am I missing it?

Not every individual player will get PI, so when showing class breakdowns it’s really just showing overall. They could show two different lists maybe, one of each class with it versus one without. But because of when and where and what was happening when you got PI I doubt it would be useful to do fully separate lists.

Boomkins are now a 3 min burst class that probably scales better with PI (that is Priest damage) than any other class. Painsmith you stand around, doing nothing but waiting for CDs for a good 1/4 of the fight.

Most sites will not log ball damage on Painsmith, but being able to cast while moving is a good thing while they are out and that will cause them to be high on your meters.

PS: The rotation changed, Limit blamed their Balance Druids not being able to pick it up as to why they lost World First, its not as intuitive or easy as a one button convoke macro anymore and is extremely punishing if you mess it up.

Idk man. Our BMs are having nil issue being top 3 dps in our heroic runs.

The buffs really made them good

Where are all these hunters that are in average spots? Cos i only ever see our BM’s doing really well

I was trying to main a Druid for 9.1 for something different than my normal go-to main of Paladin/Death Knight/Monk. After a month of raiding and M+, I can honestly say I am a [EXPLICATIVE_DELETED] horrible Boomkin in raids! I have the mental bandwidth to manage boss mechanics or rotation intricacies; not both. Bear tanking M+ is a blast though!

I have a Venthyr BM Hunter on the side that I play around with occasionally. I was running him through some M+ for funzies over the weekend. At iLevel 218, he was out DPSing a 233 Destruction Warlock and a 235 MM Night Fae Hunter; ridiculously so on boss fights. I’m going to give him a try tonight in SoD and see how he does. (It’s our normal run tonight, I think.)

1 Like

MM needs some gameplay changes.
-Precise shots shouldn’t consume any focus
-Steady shot / aimed shot need to have their cast times reduced

This alone would smooth out our class a bit.