Terrible New Player Experience

I thought the scenario itself was repetitive and the only thing you missed by not doing it on WQ was the bonus thing, no?

I speak to Thalyssra and she doesn’t have any quests for me

I’d give you one of my 5x exalted nightborne rep if I could. Only been farming [torn invitation] for 8+ months straight. So fun…

That’s how it is for AR, for flying mounts, all of it. Gambling & chores, gambling & chores.

You’re not that new-- you’ve been here since at Nov. 2017.

I bought the game, played for 3 days and then stopped, back in 2017.

How am i not new.

2 Likes

Somehow-- I have a hard time taking this seriously.

4 Likes

Yeah, someone who has never played the game only wants to play for a specific race. I’ll take things that never happened.

2 Likes

this best done 120 and some decent gear.

You one shot the place keeping them alive to pull up chests which can pull in rep tokens.

Mission table can be good for rep tokens too. To speed up champion levels spam broken shores for nethershards to get the instant 880 levels. Then hit up the +10’s on the table when up.

Rest…yep at least for legion races this is not making much sense these days. I see the point for when 7.x was the current expac. Its was added filler content to stretch out 7.

Its now 8, and the war is over. I’d say the legion races at least would be out of probationary status to be a “in the crew race”. Well that and to make this process not suck so much you go back OP AF.

Hell even my fresh 120 LF Paladin was having fun here for some order hall stuff. Pull in 10+ mobs, pop the airstrike, consecrate, throw the shield and…loot the pile of corpses.

does one need to do all that work to free the nightborn when, you know…your chars can literally kill all guards in the city not breaking a sweat?

there you go first arcanist…every guard is dead, enjoy the city and have a nice day.

I’ve always wanted to play a Night Elf Warlock. You couldn’t until Nightborne were released. I play a night elf warlock in all fantasy games.

1 Like

I’m waiting for a race change $$$ special so I can change my rogue back. Not happy with the Nightborne at all.

You are basically new when you have 0 achievements on your account. Actually quite new.

Your orc is just too cute!! Love the outfit. :heart:

1 Like

I thought that was the rep you could get in a few hours. I am pretty sure you missed something.

Thanks! I had the woolies on but they never showed so I just built this mog around the shirt lol :heart:

1 Like

$$ time played metrics $$

Enjoy the wait, Activision is :wink:

And I don’t want to use any other mount for this Troll DK except for Midnight, but I still have to run Legion’s Karazhan every week to try and get it.

The Nightborne are a cosmetic. Their racials are too garbage for them to be anything else. It’s normal for players to have grind to obtain a cosmetic in an MMO.

3 Likes

I’d categorize it as Terrible New Player Expectation Setting / Marketing.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with a game having hero races / classes intended for additional campaign playthrus to add replay value. That’s what the devs thought they were adding, and if it’s what you thought they were from the beginning, then you wouldn’t be in this state where your expectations of this as your initial characters are clashing with the realities of the game.

The problem is, and I’m completely with you on blaming Blizzard for it, the marketing did not match the reality, unless you maybe count some fine print somewhere. Yes, the details were there, but the fact is large numbers of players were set up with false expectations about starting or coming back to immediately play with the new races. Bad setup.

1 Like

Well, how else is the current Dev team supposed to boast about retaining sub numbers? They should allow you to buy flying after you hit max level like they used to back when WoW was in its prime. But that’d mean people wouldn’t have to grind for weeks just for flying, and that could potentially cause them to lose a month’s worth of sub from thousands of people.

‘New’ player in a 15-year-old game making pronouncements about what’s good for the longevity of the game.

2 Likes

Reads all of the posts. Looks at the status of my 7th Legion rep.

Please be worth it…
/sigh