Terrible New Player Experience

Uh duh? This is such a nonsense statement. Why do players have to reroll instead of just changing classes? To play longer. Why do raids have a week lockout? To keep you playing longer. Why are there multiple difficulties of raids? To keep people playing longer. Why are new quests and content added in patches? To keep you playing longer. Why is there a constant stream of rewards? To keep you playing longer.

Every single thing in pretty much every game is designed to incentivize playing the game. Things like the AQ event, the exact amount of time it took to hit exalted with Timbermaw, multiplayer in Halo, Donkey Kong country having 6 worlds instead of 5, Mario 64 having far more Stars to collect than you need, all of these things are done to increase the amount of time a player spends in the game.

5 Likes

Because it’s their game, and unlockables aren’t something new in the realm of gaming. The Nightborne are an unlockable. You will survive.

10 Likes

It’s not something you have to have to be competitive, I don’t mind those grinds since they can be ignored. I remember the training mission WQs, when they came available, gave a lot of rep.

So apparently you’re not as invested in this game as you let on…

AN ILLUSION. WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?!?

6 Likes

Yes it is. I’m glorious.

2 Likes

I think keeping the reps at exalted for the old stuff was a bad idea. If an allied race is featured in a non-current expansion, the rep should be dropped to Revered. That is much more reasonable as it ensures you see the quests and do the content, but you don’t have to hang out in a dead zone for weeks either.

4 Likes

Three more days is not forever. While you are waiting, why not go check out some of the other zones. Legion was a really good expansion. It’s a shame to spend it all in one zone. Or try to explore the entire zone and get an achievement for your new account.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy your Nightborne when you make him/her. It takes everyone a while to grind out the rep for the allied races. It’s nothing new, which you will find out if you want to make a different one.

2 Likes

Excellent suggestion.

It’s an MMO, you have to invest time to get things. If that’s not acceptable to you maybe you should just stick to playing League of Legends.

6 Likes

Oh yes, training those guys in the tunnels. That was fun and if you were good, you could get quite a lot of rep.

3 Likes

God, me too. Those models were such a disappointment. I wasted money to race change 3 characters to nightborne and then ended up switching them all back again. Wish I could take that decision back.

2 Likes

On one hand, yeah, grinding out a rep from an old expansion is kind of crummy. On the other hand, if you’re a new player it’s not exactly an “old expansion” to you.

On one hand, it sucks that you still have more work to do to play a nightborne. On the other hand, there’s never been any communication from Blizzard to suggest you didn’t have to do some stuff in game to unlock them.

Also, Blizzard totally is letting you play the actual game, you are just imposing specific requirements around what you want to do in game. I mean, I get what you want and can empathize to a point, but acting like they’re not letting you play the game is a tad hyperbolic.

2 Likes

do that withered scenario

It’s an online game. Things are gonna be progress-locked. If everything was handed to you without and required effort then there would no reward concept, which would make the game unsatisfying because everybody would have everything and you would not be able to show off the rewards of your efforts to other people that don’t have them. That is just basic psychology.

It’s a world quest, i cant

If you really have been doing something for 60 hours that would lead you to believe you were grinding Nightfallen rep, and haven’t hit exalted yet, then you sir fail at this game.

Or you are seriously bending the truth.

Or it could be both.

Probably both.

Farm for pretty transmogs and cool mounts for your Nightfallen to have when you get it :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to the hell that gating races has created. I’ve literally avoided joining a guild because I’m going to faction jump to unlock the ones on the other faction. Trust me, I feel you. This is literally one of my biggest beefs as a returning player.

If you’re willing to get ancient mana, I think you can repeat the withered scenario over and over? There’s rep tokens in there

Been a long time since I did the rep grind at a leisurely pace so I don’t remember so well anymore.

Nope. It’s a daily WQ, and it didn’t spawn yesterday and it didn’t spawn today