Terrible latency lag in maw and korthia

I know this is probably not a surprise but yet again these two zones are basically unplayable on a tuesday. Is there any possibility this gets fixed or is it something we must accept ?

i cant even get to the world boss on alts, the fear timer i get goes like 10 sec past the expire timer

I have never seen lag/latency this bad in Korthia before. Finally managed to just hearth home. It’s utterly unplayable right now.

Perhaps technical support would like to save us all a lot of time and just confirm that you’ve been instructed not to comment on any of the korthia/maw lag threads.

It would seem you just expect, like the last 3 times, the problem to resolve itself once enough people have had their fill of your indifference and simply stop playing the game, thereby reducing the load on your junk servers.

The silence is deafening in here. This level of customer disdain is almost approaching major bank, perhaps if you work really hard and keep this up you can become as hated and as frustrating to deal with as an insurance company. Always good to set goals.

Hi, volunteer here. The forums are not a direct point of contact for Blizzard’s staff. Instead, this is mostly a player-help-player area, with some staff involvement. This is explained in the pins at the top of this forum.

A few weeks ago there were reports about lag in those zones, but the reports didn’t persist, so it seemed the issue was mostly resolved. I was part of those reports, but the lag issue has been resolved for me since then. Common reasons for lag now include addon involvement, like HandyNotes, WeakAuras, WorldQuestTracker, etc.

Thanks for your reply, but this is in no way an addon issue and has not been resolved in the slightest. There are ongoing server issues that have persisted for months and years and are widely known.

There are several support request threads in various forums complaining about the issue. There are complaints daily in game by many many people about the persistent lag.

There’s a thread here Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency that was created in 2018, has more than 2200 replies, is on-going to this day and has not seen a blizzard reply since September 2018 despite their initial involvement in the discussion.

Those of us who play on Oceania servers, who have recently had our subscription fees increased for no good reason and yet now get less for our money, would like some actual customer service and we are all very well aware that this is the only viable place we are likely to receive it.

There is zero point in opening a ticket for what is a widespread issue and dealing with the usual ‘delete your addons’ and ‘this is not a game hint service’ cut and paste replies that are often forthcoming.

So this forum is pretty much it, and many of us are frustrated at how we are being treated, “mostly a player-help-player area” or not.

Essentially all of Blizzard’s support when it comes to lag issues is provided as a courtesy. Working on a resolution will usually require some steps be completed on your own setup. Skipping all troubleshooting measures they suggest is definitely your choice, but will probably leave you in the same spot.

This is tech support, so no one is posting here to praise their ability to play the game, so all you see are complaints about this or that. This also skews how widespread a problem appears.

2 Likes