Terrible Dragonflight paladin design

Theres nothing really mechanically new or interesting in the trees. While other classes have recieved heaps upon heaps of new mechanics, shoring up of their weaknesses, well thought out and strong synergistic talents, it seems that the Dev in charge of designing the dragonflight paladin class didnt really care or even spent that much time on the trees. In some instances, it seems that the dev in charge has gone out of their way to make the class work, removing the few somewhat interesting new talents we were going to recieve. In addition, there has almost been no communication behind the intent of the paladin trees designs or “Class vision”, with what is left just being a hodge podge of poorly thought out talents and terrible design.

It really doesnt seem like blizzard gives a damn about Design of the class, and there hasnt been any indication that they intend to do anything about it.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there is a thread in the top ten discussing the poor design of paladins. Not only that but wouldn’t the multiple poor paladin design threads should be in the paladin class discussion? Not saying you’re wrong or paladins need some major help but Blizzard doesn’t really care and it getting spammed in general discussions is gonna upset the hive mind.

Not true at all. All of our classes have one new and the rest same stuff. Also, they didn’t say they will be changing how our class are played.

1 Like

Them removing Blessing of Spellwarding really sucked

1 Like

We’ve had so many FOTM pallies with SL.

Glad they’re being cleaned out with this doom and gloom

Not that I disagree, but we didnt need another thread. Should have added this to one of the dozen on the Pally forum or the existing one in GD (which should also be on the Pally Forum)

The problem is simple. If I have two equally geared characters. One is my main Pally and the other is a preservation evoker. The evoker takes little to no effort to succeed in its designed well. I don’t care how many excuses you want to come up with to say you put in the effort to make pally play well. The proof is in the comparisons. Your choices have not led to your design being a success. I can heal all day on my evoker and never go out of mana and top all sorts of metrics. My pally goes oom and can not tank the dmg my evoker can while in mail armor. FIX it because I shouldn’t have to drop the class I’ve been playing since burning crusade… it’s been a tradition I always play it but each xpack you make it increasingly unenjoyable. WHY! I sincerely have not enjoyed healing on my pally at all this xpack and its a shame because the class theme is one I identify with. You are basically telling me you don’t want me to succeed at the class I enjoy.

Then we have RET. So I started playing ret a while ago and every thread has said that you didn’t want ret to do as much dmg becuase it was a hybrid that had the capacity to heal and support a team. My problem is you lack consistency in your vision becuase you have classes that are hybrid doing just fine when it comes to dmg and they have not received as much hardship. Every since xpack ret is nerfed or underperforms compared to other hybrid classes. Make it make sense. If you have a problem with hybrids then have a problem with all hybrids. Druids, shamans, and monks should all be in line with pallies. The only people that should be beating us on any metric would be the pure classes aka the mages and hunters or rogues…

1 Like

Yeah! paladins need more stuff!

1 Like

Pallies should get TWO horses! :dracthyr_nod: