Tempted to do a "Fresh Start"

set the settings to lowest, use dx11 instead of 12. open msconfig and disable anything under startup you don’t absolutely need. update any drivers you have, not just your video card. if your PC is made by a manufacturer and not a whitebox, go to the vendor’s page and most of them have some kind of autodetect driver software (make sure you get it only from your vendors page and not a third party). go to malwarebytes website and dl the program and let it run a scan of your computer and remove anything it detects. worst case scenario, backup anything important from your computer onto an external drive and reset your computer to factory settings.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve actually done most of that though. I have DX11 (there are two options on the game settings, one for DX11 and one for DX11 Legacy, I’m not sure which one to pick). I switched my video drivers to something suggested by Tratt. Not sure what other drivers I need to update though.

I also use Malwarebytes and CCCleaner on a regular basis.

As far as resetting my computer, wouldn’t that be considered a Fresh Start?

Been happening all day. I’d log in, the game would run smooth as butter for about 10 minutes, then it would start to drop in FPS for the rest of my session until I logged out, closed the game, and came back after a little while.

Like a fool earlier I tried disabling a bunch of “running” services on the task manager but accidently disconnected myself. Had to restart the computer to get the internet running again.

I honestly wish I knew more about this sort of thing so that I wasn’t in this kind of situation but I am looking for as much help as I can get on the matter.