Telling people to leave the game for criticism

Does that count as trolling or harassment? People pay for this game and the sub and when they come onto the forums to talk about what they view as issues certain common forum posters love to come on and tell people to leave the game and be quiet because if you dont love the game get out. I am wondering if this counts as trolling or harassment.

54 Likes

It’s neither trolling nor harassment.

It’s advice. Maybe wrong advice, but advice nonetheless.

And honestly, the way some of the people here act so negative about the game, maybe they should leave.

51 Likes

Minor trolling if done in an obnoxious enough manner, probably. I doubt it’s enough to warrant anything being done to the person though.

1 Like

But is every answer to every complaint to just leave? Not even engaging in the merits of the topic, just leave. Get out. Go away. We dont want you here. I dont think thats right

17 Likes

There’s a difference between voicing constructive feedback and raging like a child. Usually, the ones who are told to leave are the ones being toxic and just screaming. Or the ones who consistently post here with the same “everything about this game sucks” in every thread.

So no… you don’t get to flag someone for saying they should find another game or quit.

31 Likes

But who decides what is constructive feedback. I can argue that telling people to leave is just as bad feedback

15 Likes

Common sense dictates what is constructive feedback.

9 Likes

None of us are that obtuse here. You know exactly what I’m talking about.

6 Likes

Honestly a lot of times I agree with people bringing up complaints about the game. The reality is however things won’t change unless there’s a shift in $$$ going to Blizzard. That means speaking up yes but at the end of the day taking your money elsewhere no matter how much you enjoyed playing the game in the past…hic!

2 Likes

You honestly believe every criticism thread deserves discussion.

Oh yes person whose caps lock is apparently broken lets dissect your profanity riddled hyperbolic post about the state of the game and see if we can find common ground.

Nah.

7 Likes

I think its common sense to say that telling a person to leave with no response to many points the person makes is just as bad of feedback. Its actually worse because it does not try to resolve issues seen by others. If many people have the same complaint maybe there is something to the complaint and the answer just leave is truly trolling and inciting wrong discussions.

2 Likes

It’s not for anyone to “decide” what is constructive or not. Feedback is either constructive or not.

If your feedback clearly and calmly outlines an issue (or issues), provides context, offers potential solutions to solving the issue, and some thoughts how this all makes you feel, then it is constructive.

If your feedback about the same issue is “Fire Ion - doesn’t listen to the players, game is trash, cringy white knights don’t reply, you’re all sheep” etc etc- this is not constructive.

10 Likes

Please explain to me how we, the players, are supposed to solve their tirade of swearing and raging vaguely about something or the entire game.

4 Likes

I think some people would probably be happier if they stopped playing. Blizzard just isn’t going to come around until the expansion is almost over. It’s always like that that. At the end of the day, it’s difficult to force change if you’re going to pay them either way. They know that.

4 Likes

You can just read it and make the judgement for youself.

“Covenants being locked are bad because it makes it difficult to play hybrid specs and I feel like I’m forced to play this covenant for high end content through I want that one for other reasons. Here’s how we can change it . . .”

vs

“OMG! Covenants are the worst ever! Blizzzard sucks and the Devs hate the game! WoW is dead!”

8 Likes

“This gam sux blizzard should die FF14 is so much better than this trash heap of a game Torghast is awful everything sucks the game should be free”

Vs.

“Conduit Energy or Covenants in general have a lot of issues that make them not exactly fun or value add to the game. Here are some ways Blizzard could rework them to be better or more acceptable.”

Which is constructive?

Constructive criticism is anything that starts a discussion and actually provides something to go back and forth on. It’s opinionated, of course, but it’s also constructive in ways to come up with how to improve something that’s lacking.

Railing against Blizzard, saying the game sucks but not giving any explanation other than a list of features, hoping for the game to fail, bringing up other games that are so much better without context, none of that is constructive.

12 Likes

Feel free to report it that way if you want. But don’t get mad when nobody agrees with you.

5 Likes

The other issue is just because someone is complaining about it doesn’t mean they have a valid complaint.

2 Likes

It’s a shortcut for an impatient mind.

Like a lot of what min-maxing is all about.

It’s also worth pointing out that Blizzard doesn’t read these forums, so posting a long-winded complaint thread is the very definition of spitting into the wind.

3 Likes