Tell me why demo is grossly overpowered

Genuinely curious, not bait or delusion. From the pov of someone who plays the spec every 6 months or so as a main then plays other stuff demo is definitely annoying, but from my perspective it has clear counterplay.

1. One of the only casters in this current cringe jump around instants game design that has to cast
  2. Only burst button is a buggy AI that can be killed, kicked, or lined.

What makes it OP?

Pls don’t bring ur weird vendettas as well just cuz pet class. No one asked for this ai zoo bs LOL

1 Like

That isn’t a “main”.

Pretty irrelevant but thanks for the bump lol. I play other specs for a longer TIME but play more games and have more success with demo since wod.

I’m kinda salty about the nature of FotM rerolling that plagues this game now that leveling and gearing alts is too fast. When I see someone say they play something for a month and call it a “main” it is instant eye roll for me.

You’re welcome for the bump.

4 Likes

Oh nahhh not a reroll unfortunately

i think its considered op because when you got trained by all pets, the dmg is insane, the caster can cc and stun while continues cleaving, and your screen its fully of targets that you dont know even what its happening.

But honestly demo its not op when you know in how the spec works.

The biggest problem that i think demo have, its in swapping target, and when you are hitting someone, and the comp start to focus you, you have to recall your pets into your stalker, its not an instant response

1 Like

I hate the fact that they are capable of stunning a target while they themselves are stunned.

14 Likes

Not sure whether I’d say it’s OP, but it’s very good. It has MS, strong instant CC, good team utility, consistent damage, and (if you can manage Tyrant uptime) very good burst. It’s also passively tanky with multiple defensives.

It appears to be one of the most potent Shuffle specs, where it has the highest r1 cutoff with a large number of players above 3.4cr.

2 Likes

Demo Lock is not OP, it is just becoming the ideal range class because Ret judgment purify makes Ele, SP, destro unplayable.

Demo is not affected by Ret massive dispel.

5 Likes

My name is now Nemo… for I asked for MoP BM Hunter to be back… .and I love it.

Also if you think about it… it’s a class that summons unkillable Demons, of course it’s OP. Now if only undead Hunter pets and Demons had a self rez.

Doesn’t passively get shut-down by Ret like other casters (though Ret is still good into it because of Wake of Ashes)

Had a new talent buff Felguard ST (Legion Strike) along with another spell buff that I can’t recall

Works well with Ret and/or rsham due to tankiness getting enabled further with sac/sanc/6% reduc with Earth Shield

Tyrant has the least hp of a summoned pet for some reason, watched Ret/War and a Turbo kill it in 2s more than a few times

4 Likes

A LFD Paladin must be a Warlock’s worst nightmare, they have that “10% more damage against Demons” racial…

Nerf demo and ret.

Hmm…

:thinking:

2 Likes

Its very disruptive to play against and does good damage. I would imagine its better at higher cr where teams are actively helping the demo set up tyrant goes and the locks themselves can help themselves better than i can.

Its not as op as people screeching about it like to claim, they just get tilted by the petting zoo classes more than others.

Its pretty tough to get value out of tyrant, even at 1600 where me and the boys are playing, every single team we fight runs from or ccs tyrant and we just get nothing out of it. Most of our wins are from me just being the most annoying and living while the other dps kills something.

It’s strong and incredibly frustrating to play against, to sum it up. Not sure if I’d call it OP, but definitely a solid spec.

Ironically it’s one of the “offending” specs that actually receive nerfs on a regular basis. Come 10.1 even more of its control will be reduced with the removal of Call Felhunter PvP talent. It also just received a sizeable nerf to one its top 3 damaging spells today.

A lot of the ire towards the spec comes from the zoo that fills your screen I would have to say. But I’d rather go against a demo vs a destro any day of the week personally.

1 Like

Yeah this. I’m sure Demo is bonkers in coordinated play. Playing it in RSS has been titling lately.

It’s demos control that makes it unbearable.

Its great that warriors don’t counter it at all.

Yes I disarm both fel guards to stop axe toss :^)

good thing fear doesn’t line up when we actually get tyrant out either