Tell me a tale removed from meta

So after doing countless island expeditions this week with the verdant wilds/keepers and who knows how many since the launch of Battle for Azeroth, I still have not been able to get the Strangling Root quest item to drop. The past 10 all I did was kill keeper npcs (rares and normals) hoping that would increase my odds. I’ve done islands pretty consistently this whole xpac and I’m still missing two quests for the achievement (the roots and Druidic Fur) and I do agree with this being a true achievement…but with island expeditions becoming “harder” to complete in shadowlands, mostly due to people not wanting to group up to do old content like this too often, I was wondering if we could get any word on if this achievement would be removed from the island expedition meta achievement?
I mean…i have gotten most all the pets (even the ones not part of the pet achievement) and almost all of the mounts. It seems weird that those things have a better drop rate than quest items for an achievement

I FEEL YOUR PAIN. :broken_heart:
I started counting how many islands when I was down to my last two items needed for Tell Me A Tale and Expedition leader, wriggling mass and broken compass. I just completed 481 with neither of these dropping.
I’m simply wondering if we abandon the item earlier if it might be bugged? I know earlier I didn’t want to be bothered with running to all of those locations…
I really, really do not want the achievement removed, but it would be nice if we wouldn’t keep getting quest items that can already be purchased at the vendor. :roll_eyes:

Hey!, i got the Strangling roots quest item. I found a lootable item in the island called Strangling root, that gave an on use effect to slow and increase dmg on 1 target (as usual), and when the island was completed i got the quest. The item was inside a cave, dont remember exactly on wich island tho :frowning: , but i hope this helps

Hey, Strangling Root was my last as well. I got it last week, it took maybe 30+ verdant wilds islands (with probably over 100 more in the past). The drop rate is terrible, but out of frustration I did some investigation on wowhead and found that the rare Life-Tender Olvarius is most likely the source of the drop. He is the only rare unique to verdant wilds with keepers up that can cast entangling roots, he’s one of the only ones with quotes and the quotes he does say are obviously directly related to the quest text when you get and turn in the strangling root. I made it my mission to check if he was up, and if so, I would engage and give him time to cast roots on me a few times, and get some emotes out. I killed him slowly and if possible I would also hit him with the strangling vines lootable extra action item because who know. It dropped after doing this like 5 times.