Teldrassil Payback Announced!

… And it’s nowhere near what you were expecting!

Wow… Just… Wow.

So in Blizzards eyes, the new raid is on the exact same level as Teldrassil!

Are you freaking kidding?! Can this bias NOT get any worse?!

123 Likes

It’s okay if you breathe.

68 Likes

Agreed. How is this even considered a payback when the Zandalari had nothing to do with Teldrassil?

An attack on Silvermoon would’ve made more sense.

130 Likes

It’s ok, the Horde obliterated Teldrassil and Theramore, but the Alliance got to destroy…um…Undercity? No, that was Horde too.

136 Likes

Still waiting for that Alliance fist pump moment to occur. Been waiting so long now that I’m starting to think Blizzard forgot about it :worried:.

88 Likes

Horde roll through three zones, annihilating the Night Elves in Ashenvale, Darkshore, and then burn down Teldrassil. This kills thousands of innocent civilians, and the reaction is to show not one, but two cinematics that focus on Saurfang’s feels about it (not to mention that his reaction is one of self-preservation, not guilt), while ignoring the Alliance entirely.

We ‘retaliate’ by attacking Undercity, which is a massive embarrassment for the Alliance due to Blizzard’s writing because apparently despite Sylvanas using plague as her go-to for nearly every situation, from tea parties to mass murder, not one single Alliance leader thinks they should prep for it. So Sylvanas nukes her own city and makes all of us look like fools…

And the ‘balance’ Blizzard offers the Alliance is… to kill a man who’s already dying (remember, Rastakhan is 200 or so years old, had his life tied to Rezan to artificially lengthen it, and then sold his and Talanji’s souls to Bwonsamdi to cling himself to life. So we’re basically running in and pulling a terminal cancer patient off life support…), and then have two of our racial leaders put out of commission for who-knows-how-long because we get to… march in and then leave with our tails tucked between our legs?

How is that BALANCE?!

Edit: Oh and apparently Anduin’s “plot armor” that Horde players like to cry about, where he survives until old age because of the Son of the Wolf comic is (according to this interview) not set in stone canon but a ‘possible’ future. Which either signifies that they have no idea what they want to do with the story or they wholly intend to kill Anduin off.

Wonderful!

174 Likes

Answer? It’s not.

7 Likes

Not even close to being payback.
The horde pandering continues…

61 Likes

Still waiting on Alliance to show their underhanded side/horrific side for once, been a long while since they’ve had something ambiguous/‘evil’

As much as I love the Vulpera I’m a bit disappointed they changed those Alliance quests from “Slay them so they don’t reinforce the enemy” to “Scare them off because they’re adorable and we would feel bad doing this.”

Edit: I meant the PTR caravan disruption quests once the raid goes live if I’m remembering right.

21 Likes

basically all of this.

the horde have lasting effects that negatively effect the alliance ingame. southshore, theramore, azshara, ashenvale, darkshore, teldrassil are all negatively effected. the alliance cities arnt usable cities anymore. undercity and sylvanas blighting it was her plan all along. she twirled her moustache as she did it.

the alliance gets nothing like that. the alliance gets no lasting victory ingame against the horde. they have NPCs spout some words about " ending the horde " and nothing gets done. the alliance HELPED the hordes civil war problem the first time around. varian should of just let jaina fly over orgrimmar with the focussing iris and nuke it from orbit. roll credits. the amount of plot armor given to the horde it outstanding.

theres a big problem with the narrative of this game. the horde just randomly attack and be aggressive. the alliance is shocked. the horde do something else stupid and the alliance just puts a stop to this and give them another smack down. then because the alliance gives the horde the beat down for the umpteenth time, they retaliate in " vengeance " for there a$$es getting whooped for them doing something stupid in the first place. thus repeating the cycle. this is what… the 5th time the horde are starting a war with the alliance? when will blizz stop going back to the same well. they just get repeating the same story over and over again. its isnt new or interesting anymore. its the 5th damn war that the horde start and the alliance ends. if the alliance wasnt so morally right, you would think they would of just irradicated the horde by now so that the races of azeroth would finally know peace.

this is of coarse all blizzards fault. there writers have always been pretty terrible in wow. they can fix this or actually develop new stories. but they dont, they just keep going back to the same well. theres plenty of stories to be explored. how about the horde actually sticking there necks out for once for the greater good instead of skulking away any time a big threat shows its face. they werent seen in Legion at all because none of them put there hands up to actually take on the burning legion. but again, thats blizzards writing.

blizz needs to do A LOT better than they are. because so much of the story is bad to terrible these days. night elves being raised as dark rangers and instantly trying to kill there own kind when raised, and especially just after seeing there homeland destroyed and there loved ones killed. UTTER STUPIDITY. dumbest of dumb writing. what would of been interesting is this blowing up in sylvanas face. she thinks shes being smart raising fallen night elves into dark rangers and they just get up and start killing the horde, while being stronger than before. sylvanas creating the instruments of her own destruction. kinda parallels with arthas a lot doesnt it.

do better blizzard.

108 Likes

Players on both sides basically are wondering why we haven’t been able to eradicate the other side. Generally there is a lot going on not in the main game which is jarring at times.

Fanatics and moderates are on both sides of this whole story for the player-base. Blizz won’t allow one faction to destroy the other. They might open up the option of neutral or have a mutual peace eventually happen to allow cross faction play, but I don’t see them ever eliminating either side so we take our black eyes as we run through the faction war ride.

The same story has been redone quite a bit, but the Horde have been an antagonistic force for a lot of it’s lore. Thrall gave them a period of time where they had relatable characters for the first time. Alliance is always rebuilding while the Horde are always fighting with their inner issues.

Alliance have always had the moral high ground by our viewpoints which annoys Horde players and any deviation tends to get slammed by Alliance players who want to keep it.

Horde have always had the initiation of conflicts and now are the focus of two raids from the Alliance the first time when they got ‘help’ during the civil war with Garrosh and the upcoming raid on Zul’dazar. Horde players want a moral high ground at some point or a reason to go ruthless on the Alliance for once in retaliation. Horde players even fight within themselves because of the fact that it’s essentially two factions Blood/Honor and Undead/Elves.

Each Horde/Alliance player tends to keep rolling back around to what the faction did the last time and why the current action is warranted IE: Let’s kill Rastakhan for Teld. We destroyed Teldressil to protect Horde sovereignty, etc.

TLDR - Zhu said it best.

Taran Zhu yells: ENOUGH!! There will be no more bloodshed today.

Taran Zhu yells: I see now why your Alliance and Horde cannot stop fighting.

Taran Zhu yells: Every reprisal is itself an act of aggression, and every act of aggression triggers immediate reprisal.

Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: They have undermined EVERY attempt at peace!

Lor’themar Theron yells: I must protect my sovereign people.

Taran Zhu yells: SILENCE! YOU must break the cycle.

Taran Zhu yells: It ends TODAY. Here. The cycle ends when you, Regent Lord, and you, Lady Proudmoore, turn from one another. And walk. Away.

58 Likes

It could have worked if Anduin wasn’t in charge. I don’t think we’re going to get very grey until Tyrande or Genn get more into the story.

Someone is going to need to go behind Anduins back imo.

11 Likes

exactly, you hit the nail on the head multiple times.

within the game, no faction can actually finish off the other one, otherwise theres no game. and this hurts the story because " plot armor " needs to be applied because a lot of the time the narrative makes no sense. after the hordes civil war, and the sheer volume of powerful demi-gods and powerful beings on the alliance, and the focussing iris, and the disco ship would obliterate any horde visible. the horde should be making babies not war at this stage. theres numbers are so drastically diminished from there own in-fighting, let alone there warmongering that it makes 0 feasible sense for them to starting wars. the only populations horde side that are buoyant atm are the blood elves and the goblins. everyone else is suffering horde side from population issues. and that alone could be a great emphasis on there own story to progress from. they need to look inwards and realize maybe starting wars that they keep losing all of the time isnt the answer to there problems.

blizz need to do much better with there storytelling. theres so much design space to be explored for new interesting narratives. but onto the 5th war, and then the 6th in 2 xpacks time from now. and the 7th 4 from now. its stupid and pointless. you can have faction conflict without total war.

and your right about taran zhu, but he was right about that. i wish he was around right now to punch some sense into some of the NPCs in this game.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

12 Likes

genn is too much of a goodest boi now to do it. it will be tyrande. it basically has to be. shes had enough, the night elves have suffered too much. it makes the most narrative sense for her to go behind anduins back. but at the end of the day, the alliance are an alliance, they have each others backs. and it will allow some spotlight on the ferocity of the night elves that grommash was terrified of back in W3.

except when a zombie with a bow manages to hold back the avatar of vengeance and a demi god that can keep entire continents from falling into the ocean by himself.

#blizzardstorytelling

21 Likes

i really would like it if the draenei and night elves teamed up to dish out some serious payback tbh
but yeah i cant see blizzard writing night elves out to be anything less than underwhelming because nathanos has the benefit of being a self-insert on the favored faction lol

25 Likes

i think this expac has show that Blizzard needs to do something drastic in its story telling, its alway horde and ally fight, then a new big bad comes along, we team up, get rid of it, and repeat

its true this game has hit a very ‘flat’ spot, plus with all the things coming out about low blizzard moral, mike is gone now and he was the ‘anti-ceo’ , i think things will need to change from the ground up in the company and reflect in the game

i want only the best for my favorite game, but the game feels very flat

7 Likes

God I hope so. I’m itching for her to learn that he set Saurfang free. It needs to blow up in his face. He needs to face repercussions. He needs to know his leadership has broken the Alliance. He never should have adopted the leadership.

I honestly don’t see them doing much with the Draenei anymore. Velen is probably focusing on rebuilding his culture and harboring Night Elves affected by the War of Thorns.

10 Likes

I can’t shake the feeling that we’re the bad guys here. Nothing the Alliance does makes me hate them.

18 Likes

Wait until you discover who kicked your dog.

4 Likes

it hurts to read this and know how true it is

5 Likes