Teldrassil is definitely NOT swept under the rug

Just did the Night Fae initiation.

Pretty painful set of moments during part of it.

Any thought that Blizzard is burying that event can be thrown on the conspiracy trash heap where it belongs.

5 Likes

Not going to argue against it, but:

They are still mentioning Theramore, it was for example during the war campaign in BFA, but it still wasn’t handeld correctly.

Though I am also in your boat, I am pretty certain Blizzard can’t just ignore it.
Also the way they are handeling Tyrande currently is a very big hint of them ackknowledging they have badly played the NE fans in BFA and are correcting it currently.

8 Likes

I know of 1 player that will, ironically, be very disappointed with this development.

:cactus:

4 Likes

Good, it shouldn’t be. Kind of makes me feel a bit better that gameplay advantages are pressuring my Horde, Goblin, Shaman into Bastion … but I am glad Ardenweald has some focus on it. I truly hope they handle it tastefully with the care the subject deserves. Care that is long overdue!

8 Likes

Good to know. I hope its a good story to play through and experience.

OMG, did the SS BlizzardHatesNightElves just have some of the wind taken out of its sails? Color me shocked…but not really.

Honestly I’m glad this issue is getting attention. Not sure if I’ll enjoy getting guilt shamed as my Horde alt in the Night Fae does his questing but I’ll manage. We still have the Vol’jin and Bwonsamdi parts to look forward to.

13 Likes

While I’m happy it isn’t forgotten, it doesn’t make the burning better in retrospect. It’s still a lore abomination that nobody liked (aside from the edgiest of Sylvanas fans) and now Night Elves will be reminded of how much they lost for years while Horde players who choose Night Fae will constantly be reminded of how they helped commit a genocide.

34 Likes

Good to know. Just over a month left until we all get to see it.

If they didn’t hate them they had an interesting way of showing it to be fair. One could make the argument they simply pushed too hard and the backlash made them backtrack on what they’d done.

2 Likes

I’m holding out hope that the hidden reason for burning Teldrassil was because it, legitimately, was the ugliest thing in this game. The burnt husk is more aesthetically pleasing than the old model.

They just wanted to get rid of it, and move us to a shiny new city on Hyjal. That’s why they did it.

#holdingOutHope

4 Likes

Which is why I say the only solution to this unlogical abomination is a full restoration of teh status quo from before.
Means rebuild of Teldrassil and resurrection of NEs.

It still would mean that it happened but the consequences are less.

Howeve rI wonder if OP is talking about the screenplay in Ardenweald. It is fun and the devs are mocking themselves there, but it is no solution for anything.

Was my thought after Blizzcon till BFA started. Then I saw how awfully and humiliatingly they portraited NEs in WoT and in 8.1 and I sincerely understood that they never intended to restore it. It just showed how bad of a writing team they are and how little connection they have to the players.

5 Likes

I’m inviting spoilers but is that where Thrall, Baine and Jania witness the event? :thinking:

…or is this for the player?

Just because they mention it doesn’t mean anything will come of it. They still mention lots of tragedies that there’s no justice for.

5 Likes

Every time i think about that tree it gives me a headache.

Its really a no win scenario for anyone and personally i dont see any way to end it on a satisfactory way realistically, choosing the best from the worst still leaves you feeling like crap.

12 Likes

(Speculative): I may be wrong, but the last time I saw the video, I don’t believe any of them were in the audience.

1 Like

Ah well, I thought it would’ve been a decent concept since they’re doing very little. (That I know of.)

Now I just wish Blizzard didn’t seem to think they could just ignore the Purge of Dalaran and make Jaina a friend of the Horde without addressing it.

I know this will kick off the usual “Jaina did nothing wrong” spin, but if you think Horde players are going to buy that… Well, its hard to come with for a word for more absurd than absurd. Looks like they are just going to force Jaina down the throats of the Horde players.

29 Likes

Hit the nail on the head. I think you’ve perfectly illustrated why making Teldrassil a PVP event story-wise was the worst decision they could’ve possibly made.

20 Likes

I mean, I liked it, and I wouldn’t categorise myself as such. Just because you don’t like an event in a fictional game doesn’t mean you should rag on others.

1 Like

Weird side note … what the heck are those two doing? Outside of being knocked unconscious several times in the intro questline?

3 Likes