Teeny Tiny Request

Hey Blizz,

Would it be possible to alter the animation for Blackout Kick to use Brewmasters’ current (BFA) Blackout Strike animation when using a two-handed weapon (for all specs)? The staff twirling adds a really nice flavor, and otherwise monks–even when using the awesome Brewmaster artifact weapon appearance–no longer have any combat animations that make use of it, despite the pretty strong ‘staff-wielding kung fu monk’ fantasy.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Seems easy enough to do but I think at that point you would just replace BoK with BoS for WW but they’re two different abilities for two different specs that each have their own flavor.

I’m all for more weapon animations but I can’t see it happening.

There has been a discussion previously that when using a 2H weapon the ability or at least the animation should change to blackout strike (change doesn’t need to be exclusive to BrM either).

A similar outcome could be achieved by a glyph.

My main issue is that Brewmasters are getting Blackout Strike (and its animation) replaced by Blackout Kick, so even they won’t have any actual staff animations. Since Blackout Kick is being made the same for all specs, it would be nice if they could keep the old animation in some way–as Julesx said, maybe a glyph.