Tbh M+ has never been better

Tbh. This gearing system rocks, the content is great. Really liking this season!

The content is as close to legion. I still miss legion dungeons but these are fantastic.

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

11 Likes

I’m ultimately not doing anything different than I was doing last season. I like M+ but it needs more variety in playstyle and rewards. Even the gear is the same, numbers are just larger.

1 Like

The next step is at least 1 new dungeon each tier. Would keep it spicey.

7 Likes

Target caps, nerfed drums, requiring specific covenants for dungeons, the same anima powers every run gets tiring for me. One plus for this season is it not revolving around 20% pulls for pride.

9 Likes

A great addition would be to add gear drops to dungeons (and maybe raids). The vault is nice and I like being able to get a piece of gear each week, but it’d be nice if they added gear drops to other parts of the game.

1 Like

The M+ gearing isn’t bad. The great vault is bad.

5 Likes

Its no legion but better than bfa

3 Likes

I’m having fun with it; at least there isn’t a Tol Dagor this time around.

4 Likes

Huh?
My melee main doesn’t agree. Nothing has been fixed for melee in 9.1. If you’re not ranged, good luck getting into ANY m+ group as DPS.

So storming wasn’t nerfed? The “kite kite kite” tank style hasn’t been scaled back a bit? There have been changes…whether it’s enough to shift the meta toward melee is yet to be seen, but reminder: the SL changes were made because the M+ meta was already so weighted toward melee during BfA. I think they overshot the mark, but they aren’t doing nothing

1 Like

I hate M+ gearing this season. It’s just as bad as Legion was–having to farm specific dungeons to target singular items. It was just as stupid farming Court of Stars for a better Signet of Melandrus as it is now trying to farm any specific item.

I’m at 35 keys just trying to get ANY 2h to drop–that’s 35 keys of just dungeons that drop 2hs, and not including all the others I have done. This system sucks, and the Great Vault is the main source of gearing.

2 Likes

I agree…this is a really awesome season.

I really can’t say it’s the best though, because we haven’t seen the full affix schedule yet.

If they put thought into the affix rotation (which I don’t think they did last season), then it’ll be a great journey! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

This is fair. We’ve had 3 middling difficulty weeks. It’s quite promising.

1 Like

that’s weird, I’ve seen plenty of melee in my groups this weekend

2 Likes

I think the golden age of m+ was s2 and s4 of BFA, aoe cap really hurt it for me.

1 Like

doing the same boring dungeons an endless amount of times for 2 years is not great

4 Likes

In a thread specifically about comparing m+ to m+, your contribution is that you don’t like m+.

No one here cares.

4 Likes

These dungeons are so terrible I can’t even bring myself to play M+ this expansion.

This season is a lot better than the last one imho. They didn’t up the difficulty that much on keys because you could jump right into +15s week 1 compared to season 1 where we had to grind for weeks to get the gear to do +15s. They could easily have made +15s as hard as S1 +20s and made us work our way up, but they didn’t.

As a healer: the mana orb power up is infinite mana the entire dungeon vs having to make it inbetween every prideful. The choice of power ups I do get are kind of impactful like +30% movement speed for the entire group and +50% increased self-healing which lets me not stress about keeping myself up through mechanics. My damage also gets increased a lot by the sanguine bottle power.

They also seem to be a so-far gentler affix cycle: but we’re only on week 3 so far. My main complaint with season 1 was that we had 1 push week and then 3 weeks of really hard affixes that just made pushing keys not really desirable compared to BFA season 4 where you could push on most weeks except for bolstering. If they keep up with the gentle affix cycle than I think every week can really be a push week imho. Bolstering may be hardcountered by the new anima power that gives you +5% stacking damage for each target you kill.

There’s more routing choices as well. You’re not set on largely fixed routes like we had in season 1.

My main complaint is that loot is too scarce for the time and effort put in. I ran and timed 39 15+ keys this week and I only got about 7-8 pieces of loot out of it.

Utterly sick of these dungeons, but torments are miles better than pride. Begrudgingly doing my 1x per week, and that’s that.