TBC solves almost all common complaints about Classic

That has nothing to do with vanilla had no issues.

Vanilla clearly had issues and classic has had issues, blizzard has addressed some of them.

3 Likes
9 Likes

no game is perfect guys… but the fun that we have in them thats what makes it awesome. Classic is fun, BC is also fun.

1 Like

Some issues are also subjective. Some peoples issues in TBC are not issues to me. Same with classic.

2 Likes

They’ve already proven that they had no intention of sticking to that with the myriad of changes they’ve already made.

This isn’t a Vanilla remake, this is an abomination.

6 Likes

Oh my. You are deeply, deeply confused.

Vanilla was not made for hardcore vanilla fans. It was made for whatever audience was most willing to subscribe to play the game. Many of which never played vanilla before or played on private servers. Many of the people who came to play vanilla came from retail.

Classic does have very deep flaws in the game design. You enjoy your one phase Ragnaros in green and blue items? LOL, no serious gamer would defend that. You enjoy your 5 priest hakkar kill? You enjoy fights that are so short healers have no reason to conserve mana or play efficiently? You enjoy pvp where everybody is one shotting you before you can do anything? Itemization is a mess. Class specializations are a mess. Nearly all of the information regarding how classic would be played before it’s launch was thrown of the window by retail vets who found better ways to play the game than private server players did.

People like you are seriously delusional. Blizzard did not create this game for hardcore vanilla lovers. They created for the general wow audience. TBC and WOTLK will bring more concurrent subscribers to wow than other time in wow’s history. Classic will pale in comparison to that reality. Classic will be dead with very few people caring to stick around.

Blizzard knows this. That’s why they’re creating TBC and eventually WOTLK.

6 Likes

Almost all so called “issues” that most people have in classic are actually related to the playerbase and not something that Blizzard can ever hope to change, and I’m not naive enough to expect Blizzard to alter the game around them because I already know most of them will be gone in months.

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m not about to argue with retail players about what classic is or should be.

5 Likes

Do you or do you not think classic is playing out as vanilla did?

1 Like

Tbc fixes issues and introduces new ones, good luck farming primals at the small number of areas they are available with everyone hopping around on 280% mounts two weeks in, oh and they are all going to be horde so you can’t kill them.

Oh I’ll just fly to hellfire and same thing

You probly won’t even be able to suck up clouds with engi the competition will be so intense.

The true issue is the playerbase and how they consume the content. That will extend into every expansion they decide to do.

How much fun you have in tbc will be entirely dictated by two things. 1. Whether or not you are employed, 2. The amount of people on your server that are unemployed.

4 Likes

I was realistic when I started playing this game and knew that the playerbase wouldn’t be the same or have the same mentality as players did in 2005.

I’ve learned to accept that there’s some things I can’t change like people trying to make the game all about world buffs, or honor inflation, bracket manipulation, and cross server queue abuse but I’ve also learned to have fun in the game in spite of that.

The thing I love most about classic is that, unlike retail, you still have those choices to avoid those kinds of things.

If I want a more vanilla like experience I can choose to avoid megaservers, if I want to have a more close knit social experience I can choose to be in a dad guild that can still get things done, if I don’t want to be pressured into stacking world buffs I don’t have to. If I prefer progressing through the game at a real progression pace instead of face plowing everything with max consumables and flasks I can do that too.

7 Likes

sure TBC fixes all that but who cares?

TBC destroys the world in world of warcraft by basically making non outlands zones obselete

id be down for those TBC gameplay fixes being put into Classic+ while maintaining the world cohesion that classic wow has. Heck id even take a few things learned from WotLK expac

the most important thing in the game is World cohesion, and every expansion after classic fragments that world further and further.

6 Likes

I love TBC, my favorite expanssion ever, it solved lots of things that classic was lacking… but it wasnt perfect tho
If we could mix the good things from classic tbc and wotlk… and mix them without all the downsides… it would be a perfect game… but we all know that can’t be done
Im still looking forward for a TBC legacy server <3

1 Like

I’ve been playing a lot of tbc lately… and wow it’s so much better than vanilla I am having a blast lol

1 Like

In Arenas maybe, but Is this true for Battlegrounds? I don’t remember fighting the same faction in Battlegrounds being possible until Cataclysm.

Not really… For arena sure. But you’ll want offset gear that you can only get in BG’s. The system is an improvement though no doubt, but queue times will definitely be a thing, especially if you roll horde.

Consumable farming will be out yea. But you’re going to replace that with primal farming, farming for gems and dailies… so I’m not sure the total investment required is any less… if anything its potentially higher.

That said… it is a better game all around.

Def isnt through Wotlk

Pretty sure Karazhan isn’t in the Outland… And you’ll still have to go through there to level and for crafting mats etc. It becomes no more obsolete than duskwood or HIllshire etc are now. I dont think I’ve been to half the classic zones in literally months.

2 Likes

this is a statement a blind person would say about how there is no light. classic/vanilla has tons of problems. when i played in vanilla the forums were filled with “please dual spec, please let me tank, please make dps viable for hybrids, please give us player housing” etc etc.

classic/vanilla pigeonholed hybrids too hard into healing and had no tier gear for other specs, making them 1000x harder and usually impossible to even come close to pures in tanking/dps. and these problems are just the endgame raiding problems there was/is lots of other issues.

claiming vanilla/classic had no problems or issues of any kind is foolish.

2 Likes

No that was the playerbase that pigeonholed hybrids too hard, the purist mmo raiding populace from Everquest pigeonholed hybrids too hard.

Blizzard did a lot of things to accommodate hybrids in raids from 20 man hybrid gear and catch up gear to full on AQ40 hybrid tier sets and non tier AQ40 hybrid gear to things like the Druid talent update. It was the playerbase in Vanilla that decided that druids or shamans or paladins were only allowed to heal.

Again, only the people that rolled druid or shaman or paladin in vanilla and had no idea what their endgame role would be or what endgame even was are blameless.

A quick google or youtube search will clearly demonstrate how these things worked in Vanilla and if people still chose those same classes/roles in classic after knowing what endgame raiding was going to be like for those classes in this game then the onus is on them.

I’ve actually seen a lot more utilization of hybrids in classic than in Vanilla, the content has been made much more trivial and thus hybrids have been far more welcomed into raids for classic.

2 Likes

It is true that anyone expecting anything but 99% of the players to play BE will be in for a surprise. That said TBC was the most popular time in WoW’s history and will be an immensely popular ‘classic’ version. Once TBC and the eventual WotLK come out I would expect a very large % of the player base to be gone from the original Classic WoW. I would guess around 80% of the players will divide between TBC and WotLK leaving just 20% in Classic. All three will be able to sustain themselves but there will have to be a lot of server merges/closures.