TBC PvP & Burst

Hello my dudes, quick question.

Which specs can do decent burst in seasons 2-4 when everyones rocking full resil?,
If my memory serves, warriors with sword & wf totem could chunk… i cant think of anything else from back then?

Anyone know of the larger number specs, strictly talking in pvp?

Arena Viable specs: Arms Warriors and Frost or pom pyro
Mages
Not very good for arena: enh shaman, destro lock

Enh probably does the most nutty burst consistently, but is super freakin squishy.

1 Like

Biggest burst for melee is gonna be ret, followed by sword - arms

Biggest burst for caster… I’m gonna say mage (arcane power) … Destro has strong burst as well, but it’s not a strong spec for arenas…i don’t remember how ele does in bc pvp, but it’ll have a ton of burst too. I’ll give a special shout out to shockadin too, though that’s more of a meme.

Those are all single global burst classes… You’ll see others that aren’t necessarily crazy single global damage, but that put out incredible pressure in short windows, usually with a cool down… Enhance, for example… Shadow and Ua lock when together do downright absurd pressure. Bm hunter would be another in that category, as are rogues when harp (hemo-adrenaline rush - prep) specced (can’t remember if that was still a thing in late bc seasons) do some strong pressure as well.

1 Like

mutilate rogues if you’re good do huge damage, but you actually have to put your brain in your head and use good positioning now :smiley:

2 Likes

I would argue a bad shaman regardless of spec is bad for arena. No CC or escapes. You have to actually know how to play the class well and use totems effectively. Ghost wolf improvements in TBC are also really nice and helps being immune to sap.

Enh isn’t particularly bad in 2v2 or 3v3.

1 Like

Only comps I feel are super burst are like RMP and Shatterplay.

1 Like

RMP is going to be deleting people in the opener lol…I can’t wait to have everybody mad.

1 Like

The variations of War/Sham/Pal are all pretty nuts.

Ret/Arms/Rsham for example, can RNG global anyone, at any time

Enh/Arms/Hpal is basically TSG from wotlk

And there’s variants of both, where you run 2.5 dps for extra cheese

Ret/Arms/Ele

and Enh/Arms/Shockadin

I’ll add, UA/Shadow/Rshaman is quite likely the single most insane comp from a burst, AND sustain damage point of view… It’s beatable, because both casters are squishy and share a DR, but your healer is going to absolutely hate fighting the comp.

FWIW I’ve also seen a Pserver video running Destro Lock, AP-Mage, and healer (don’t remember the healer class)… that one was pretty hilarious burst wise, basically waiting for the lock to crit so the mage can AP/POM/Pyro gib the target.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.