TBC prepatch era servers

Would you roll on a fresh one and would it be fun.

This is somewhat uncharted territory and could very well be the best iteration of WoW… What would raiding and pvp metas look like.

Blizz wont make any F R E S H realm because then people wont buy the boost, and therefore Blizz wont make as much money.

They will wait a few weeks before launching any F R E S H, if they even do. Just watch

I wouldn’t just because I have done the leveling process enough to satisfy all my curiosities about it and I have finally picked a main.

The problem with a fresh server is, what happens when it isn’t so FRESH any more? Well it becomes like my server, Thalnos with less than 30 people on at any given time. MMORPGs aren’t played like a race to be restarted once a threshold has been reached. The whole point of the genre is a persistent world, not a series of matches.

What happened to the FRESH reroll on Arcanite Reaper? I am sure that Blizzard was paying attention to that community experiment.

I disagree. F R E S H is needed every year basically to keep the game alive. I dont mind doing the grind all over, as long as there are thousands of other people on a blooming alive server doing the same grind again. That is why people wanted classic in the first place because the world felt alive.

When the world doesnt feel alive anymore, thats when you gotta launch a new F R E S H. Usually every so often. It is good to do it between expansions so you dont get what retail is right now where leveling is a meaningless obstacle. It is supposed to be an achievement.

The fun is low level pvp anyways, because balancing a mmo is impossible. The perfect balance is the balance of levels. Where sometimes you are the top dog killing someone a few levels lower, while other times, you are the prey. It is a fun system of RNG of many encounters.

A server that is 95% progressed is boring and causes people to quit because they completed everything. Launching new content or expansions to level 10 more levels does not fix it longterm. A great reset as launching a new server is what creates longitivity in the game. Keeps people interested and gives newbies a chance to level in a fun environment.

Well, at the moment, there are two people in Stormwind. A lvl 60 warrior and my lvl one that I just ran there to check.

Edit: a druid just logged in, but now the warrior’s gone.

Edit edit: Four people besides me, now. This is getting exciting.

1 Like

I would roll on a fresh server but I’m not ready to yet. I’d do it in maybe a year. Blizzard says they may do this at some point so that might line up with my timeline.

The problem is what’s been stated, a lot of the people who like fresh aren’t really the type to stick around. A lot of people will do the race and then just leave within a few months or when they feel like they are behind again. So I don’t know what type of population they would support 1-2 years down the road. Seasonal could work if the option is there to move to a “permanent Era server” or even a “TBC server” at the end.

LOL!, it sounds like the server I play on, Thalnos. I followed the fresh Reroll project as Thalnos was one of the potential servers for it but AR won out.

I don’t feel so bad about it now as clearly it was doomed,. I’ll check it out Horde side just to see. (35 Horde total by /who)

1 Like

Not a problem at all. They’d do the same thing they’re doing now with TBC coming out. Connect low pop realms to ones with healthy populations. Easy.

Why do you keep typing it like that? Do you work for a marketing firm or something?

While irritating, it does allow you to identify a certain type of poster pretty easily.

1 Like