TBC Midsummer Festival: A Thief's Reward

This sucks.

I put in a ticket and just got an automated response directing me to wowhead.

Furthermore, they marked my ticket as resolved even though that doesn’t help me at all.

Blizzard customer service used to be top notch, I’m not sure what happened :confused:

2 Likes

Exactly what they did to me. But remember they tweeted if we are concerned about the game we are part of the problem.

1 Like

Honestly it just sucks.

At a point in time blizzard was a company synonymous with excellence.

Their games were top tier, their service was unparalleled, and they genuinely cared about the people buying their products.

Blizzard was a company I not only happily supported but was proud to do so.

It really just sucks watching them fall so far. They certainly do not have the passion they did 10 years ago

1 Like

It’s sad but the same thing for me and a friend. I now have the full outfit but not the crown.

At the very least they could let us know if we’re out of luck.

1 Like

I did get the quest and reward. Sucks others are having difficulties.

you completed after the rolling restarts on Tuesday, correct? Everyone who completed after the realm restarts seems to not be effected by this issue. however Us “go-getters” who did it before the restart are now bugged. no reply from Blizz. it seems they don’t care…

2 Likes

Actually, I finished Monday.

then you are one of the lucky ones. I haven’t seen or heard of anyone getting it before the realm restarts. you would be the first. but all of us completed soon after the event launched (personally I did on the 25 or the 26th, can’t remember)

Yeah, but I have found other bugs, like the Dancing toy freezeing seconds into dancing with it. All other emotes work fine though. Also been seeing ghosts of the Spirit of Competition from Blizzard’s celebration of the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Really annoying they couldn’t have fixed this prior to. Then again, with the lawsuit and all the things, if even 1/10th true, this isn’t the same company that made WoW almost 20 years ago.

Daily check-in! Still unsolved

Troubleshooting steps I’ve taken at this point:
Recollecting ALL 4 cities and trying to hand them in again - Failed with the return of “Already completed that quest”. Items remain in bag.

Grouped with a guildmember in attempts to share the quest - failed as it’s just a turn-in, no quest hits your log for “A Thief’s Reward”

Disabling Add-ons - failed; no offer

Deleting WTF/Cache folders with disabled add-ons - failed; no offer.

BLIZZ! I WANT MY CROWN! I EARNED IT!

You’re not going to get it. Either am I. They are to busy tweeting we are part of the problem for being concerned on a game we pay for from their Bill Cosby shrine hotel room

If I may chime in; problems related to ‘you have already completed that quest’ is probably something that can only be resolved from the serverside database.

But fixing it for every single affected player probably means creating a script that can detect everyone that completed the quest prior to the reset, turning those detections into a list of players, and then creating another script that can reset the ‘completed quest’ flag to ‘uncompleted’ on their end.

And they would have to do this for all of their locales. US, EU, Oceanic, etc. And they’d have to be absolutely 100% sure that the various languages wouldn’t cause the auto-fix scripts to fail somehow (and being 100% sure that they had the ‘date of completion’ detection done correctly).

This is on top of all the other preparations that must be done before pushing a fix to the live servers (and being constrained by ‘working hours’, and having to coordinate with the rest of the team to make sure some well-meaning dev didn’t try to make their own changes to the fix and screw things up).

I used to talk to folks who had to deal with messy codebases (common when a project was already quite old), and flunky programming languages, some of which would throw a fit for the weirdest reasons (the programming languages would throw a fit, rather; it made fixing bugs into an even bigger headache than usual).

Even from the outside, it sounded complicated and time-consuming. My recommendation: Hold back the torches and pitchforks for at least a month. If they haven’t retroactively fixed it by that point, then we can start airing the real grievances.

Ok, gonna sharpen my pitchforks in the mean time…

3 Likes

15:47 PST | July 30, 2021

Turned in all enemy bonfire quests and “A Thief’s Reward” is still not available

If Midsummer Festival ends with this quest not being fixed, I refuse to support blizzard any longer

4 Likes

One of my friends told me that they got a reply to their ticket this morning. An actually reply, not automated, that said that Blizzard is aware of this bug and they’re looking into a fix.

In the meantime I’ll pray to Elune that this is accurate information and we’ll be enjoying our hard-fought crowns soon. =)

2 Likes

I also had an actual ticket response and the GM said if he had info to relay to me on how it might be corrected he would but there is no info. So basically didn’t solve anything

At this point we’ll just have to cross our fingers and hope for the best I suppose.

Finally got a response to my own ticket. I don’t know what it means really at this point but wanted to share it. Not getting a good feeling about this though. =(

"Thanks for contacting me, I understand that you are not able to get the quest “A Thief’s Reward” even after getting the 4 flames. I’ll be happy to look into this for you.

I’ve looked over this and we have received multiple reports of this quest not showing up in TBCC. The developers are looking into this quest and I’m sorry to say that currently, we do not have a workaround or resolution that can be provided. Customer Support cannot add the quest to your log or provide the reward for it.

I apologize for any inconvenience while our developers work on this."

3 Likes

My own ticket was answered with the following response:

I read here you have finished the requirements to pick up the quest, “A Thief’s Reward” but the quest isn’t appearing! I certainly understand how frustrating this can be when you just want to enjoy the rewards you earned.

At this time there appears to be a known issue with this quest. Our QA and developers are aware of this issue and working to resolve it for all players at the same time. We do not have an ETA on when this will be resolved but I did add your data to the report.

I know this wasn’t what you were hoping to hear, but it is good news our QA and Developers are already aware of the issue and we hope they can resolve it before the event ends.

Despite the situation, I wish you only the best. Take good care of yourself. Stay healthy, and be well.

Good news and bad, I suppose. sure it didn’t fix the issue or get me my crown but at least they know it’s an issue and are working on it and a fix for all effected players.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing Shockpopz… I’m trying my best to keep the faith.