TBC mana pre-aotv

Trying to level and can’t even look at a mob these days without going oom. This feels actually broken, and not in a fun way.

1 Like

but thats the fun of classic :nerd_face:

Classic and TBC assume that you’ll pull 1 mob at a time and drink after every 2nd pull or something. If that sounds tedious it’s because it absolutely is. Combat fluidity was not a priority back then.

Don’t get your hopes up for Viper, either. It’s an extremely small amount of mana. It isn’t very potent until WotLK.

2 Likes

I mean that’s good and all. But I’m going oom before mobs at the same level are 50%.

I know they changed something recently-ish about mana for max level, but I’m not sure they realized how that would affect players still leveling.

What abilities do you use on a typical pull?

This

You basically want to be as mana effecient as possible, Ideally while leveling your dps rotation should just be auto shot and arcane shot, maybe even aimed shot, anything else can cause you to go oom very qucikly or not have the mana for mend pet

1 Like

If you’re trying to blow up mobs in classic like you do in retail you’ll oom yourself every time.

Slow and steady and you can kill quite a lot before ever having to sit.

1 Like

So vanilla, tbc, and to a lesser extent wotlk the hunter’s white damage was important part of your pull/kill/loot/pull repeat again.

2 Likes

Yup. Even the weapon speed mattered! BM hunters want the fastest speed (1.5, I believe), while MM hunters always want the slowest weapons (3.0). Weapon speed affected white DPS!

1 Like

Thank goodness world quests didn’t quite exist. However, then comes a slew of dailies in the Shattered Sun Offensive.

Thanks for the tips. Helped a lot. Guess it was a mindset/l2p issue. Oh well hopefully this thread helps the next noob that comes along