TBC is just the WOTLK waiting room

I honestly couldn’t care less about Wrath right now. I don’t even know if I will play it, if it launches with cross-realm grouping. TBC was ultimately what I wanted to play most, and it hasn’t even started yet.

You’re welcome to wait for two years.

5 Likes

Even wotlk had easy raids. People were still just very bad at the game.

1 Like

classic has always been my tbc waiting room :wink:

3 Likes

You’re looking through rose tinted glasses OP. TBC was a better overall expac then WoTLK, the raids were even better. People just have a hard on for WoTLK because of Warcraft 3 and how heavily marketed WoTLK was.

WoTLK is pretty much the beginning of the transition to what is modern day retail too. Quality of life features, LFD and zoomer dungeons introduced that began diminishing the MMO style of gameplay.

1 Like

Absolutely. Tired of people complaining about raid difficulty…

They poop all over retail while getting their precious world buffs and raid logging and ruining the classic experience with their min/max bullpoop… while asking for hard raids. JUST PLAY RETAIL. The raids are hard.

3 Likes

The level to which you’re wrong is immense. I predict a moderate - huge drop after TBC, huge drop after people hit 70, then a pickup when Ulduar launches. TBC is the hype fiesta. WotLK is the beginning of the massive decline in the quality of the game.

4 Likes

I don’t know about any population drops during TBC. I do disagree about both of your statements about TBC and WotLK. I feel those were the strongest expansions by far.

1 Like

I think everyone has a different idea when the game “Got good” to me TBC was the start. Sorry to vanilla fans but for me it was just leveling. (Yes I did raid back in 2005 up to AQ40) I enjoyed it at the time but TBC was better raid xpac TO ME.( I put that in caps cause some derp will be like “No its not”)

I also liked tbc for pvp cause it was easy to pvp gear alt and also get them into raid “welfare epics” they were called.

Wrath was my pure pve xpac cause DKs. I hated dks in pvp because of death grip 6 times and dead before I hit the ground. Pvp became playable again when diminishing returns was added to DG

All in all I like the 1st 3 games for different reason.

Who cares why is this argument always a thing. If you like it cool if you don’t what ever.

I’m just going to casual pvp in tbc cause I honestly hate what the raiding community has become. I also was never super competitive so arena was always meh to me.

Edit: also I wish they would just fix casual pvp in retail. That’s all I care for at this point. So that’s why I’m returning to TBC. Just to get my PVP fix.

5 Likes

Oh, definitely the two strongest expansions… Just WotLK was the start of the dumbing down of the game. Still decent overall and certainly better than what came later. TBC was the largest growth in the playerbase. WotLK retained the majority of that playerbase.

4 Likes

I’ve progressed Classic-cata. Yeah, BC was great at the time but not something I want to progress again. Classic and Wotlk are where it’s at

1 Like

All of Sunwell makes Vanilla raiding a joke by comparison, not even considering earlier fights like RoS, Kael, Vashj, and Illidan.

Sit down.

1 Like

Wow, a man of culture as well. I wonder just how many of us actually feel this way, and if they could actually fix Wrath Classic.

1 Like

It was also the start of making the game harder. Blizzard started the slippery slope of trying to please all sides of the community.

I feel like retail wow has cake, easy, medium, hard, and extra hard. When it just need raid finder and Normal.

Blizzard destroyed retail because they listened to all sides and tried to please. We as a community blame them for it, but we all asked for it. This all started in wrath for sure.

lololololol, WotLK was not in any way, shape or form harder than TBC. MAYBE some of the Heroic Content. I’m interested to see how people react to their Sunwell experience.

Additionally, they dumbed everything down so much that the game isn’t even worth playing.

Didn’t pay attention to my post did you? Think about how they changed raids at the end. When you could change a fight to be harder vs it’s normal mode.

Edit: I also never said wrath was any harder than TBC. That’s you putting words in my mouth then lolololol about it.

My comment was to state about how blizzard started the process of trying to please all sides and how it eventually was the worst thing they could do.

if #SomeChanges TBC includes Behsten and Slahtz and Achievements, I won’t need #MoreChanges WoTLK.

Glyphs are cool, Divine Storm is cool … but, I can play without 'em.

Preach it! Preach it till they don’t want to hear it anymore and then preach it again! Some people do not get or understand why we want…Not retail. We want an MMORPG and people cannot or will not understand what makes an MMORPG an actual MMORPG.

Retail is not an MMORPG. It may say it in its description, but it is that in name only.

5 Likes

You mean when it had its highest numbers just about…ever?

Highest retention. TBC had the highest player growth because it was far and away the best expansion WoW ever had.

4 Likes

lolwut

Ulduar normal modes make everything but some of the Sunwell fights in TBC look overly simplistic and easy, never mind the hard modes. Even normal Anub’arak was more complicated to pull off smoothly, and that’s before you even consider the wing bosses in ICC like Putricide and Sindragosa.

When you consider the hardmode/heroic content of Wrath, TBC can’t hold a candle. Sarth3D was nastier than Sunwell.

2 Likes