TBC- how hard is it for a 70 druid to solo Rivendare?

My dream has always been to get the Rivendare skeletal mount (once it goes to a 1 in 500 chance, not the 1 in 5000 chance it is now).

I know this is “possible” for a level 70 druid (maybe need to be resto?), but on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being " you can do it in TBC quest greens on autoattack without coming out of bear form", and 10 being “all t6 gear, using multiple consumables and complicated pathing exploits”) how difficult is it?

I’m 500 baron kills in and still havent seen it once. I would imagine it to be quite simple. As a bear you can shrug off his hits and swipe away the skellys he uses to heal himself. Cat form stealth+being 10 lvls higher than everything leading up to Baron will allow you to stomp each ziggurat boss without having to clear everything in between.

Edit: but wasn’t it in Wrath that the droprate got buffed?

I regularly cleared Strath on my warrior at 70 towards the end of TBC. It wasn’t incredibly hard; I brought in my shaman dual boxing for cleanses. You can skip a ton, especially as a stealth class. I don’t know how good self heals are, but you’ll have poison cleanses for yourself and emergency heals. I’m sure it’ll be fine. :slight_smile:

My advice is to bring Jungle Remedies for the scenarios in which a ghoul lands its disease on you. The movespeed one is annoying but its the Cadaver Worms that are lethal. It prevents regeneration and continually ticks down your health with a 10m duration.

Ouch, according to the internet the drop rate wasn’t increased until Wrath pre-patch. Not sure I have the will to try at the current .02% droprate…

If it’s a move speed impairing effect shifting should be able to remove it.

I haven’t run Strat in a long time, don’t remember.

My assumption is that would fail because activating 2/2 improved sprint doesn’t lift the disease. In any case, the worms one is the larger concern.

I did it on my druid in tbc. I had gladiator gear though, and I woul often use at least 1 Mana or health pot.

Stealth to the 3 bosses, kill them. Kill the abominations 1 at a time and then finish off the run.

10k hp and armor cap with 2k damage mauls were pretty op.

If you’re struggling, stealth to the guy who drops the amulet yo get him to help dps from that other paladin in the chapel.

Overall, I would say it’s a 6/10. You just need some level 70 raid gear. It should go without saying you need to be feral and good at actually playing a druid. Don’t heal when you’re MS’d and swipe down the skeleton adds so he doesn’t gain more health. Use hurricane on the ghoul swarm at the end.

I think I got mine after a month of casual solo baron runs. Maybe 200?

Rivendare is second string to the mount from Sethekk once TBC comes. The Bird is the Word.

2 Likes

Was the the golden pigeon druids would purposely not complete their epic flight form quest for the chance of the mount to drop?

Sounds like some hella good passive income…

Yeah, but you can complete the quest. It lets you summon again.

The drop rate is terrible, I have seen two drop in 16 years.

I have seen 3 confirmed mounts total ever.

Good luck!

It’s a good dream but I really wouldn’t count on it dropping. It’s like the lotto. Everyone hopes and prays but their numbers never come up.

I went after mine when they upped the % in the 3.0 patch and it took 110 runs. I still have never seen the Runeblade to this day.

Oh I wasn’t aware of that.

In vanilla/classic the drop rate of the runeblade off baron is 0.5%. in Phase 5 all epic weapon drops from dungeon bosses was increased to 2% (blade of eternal darkness, Alanna’s embrace, headmaster’s, black blade of shaz, Fel Striker etc)

In TBC, the mount drop rate from baron was increased from 0.02% (1-5000 average) to ~0.5%, or 1 in 200.

It’s doable, but given the very low drop rate to me it wasn’t worth the trouble.

If someone like an alliance player or tauren wants an undead mount badly enough and they enjoy doing it, then its always worth their time.

Playing the game in any manner the person is enjoying themselves is time worth spent. Playing the game with an ultra min-max play style and stressing yourself out about things you don’t enjoy … well you might as well just not play the game in the first place.

The best way to have fun in WoW before the game revolved around maintaining the highest ilvl of gear from ultra heroic legendary mode version of raids is about setting your own goals and working at just that.

as a feral it really shouldnt be that hard, maybe a 3-4.
Will depend purely on whether or not the MC boss mind controls you then resets or not.

It’s a regular source of gold income for something they’d do anyways. Solo runs would probably net you 50-60g per run, more if you luck out weapon drops.

I dont think she was able to mind control you back in vanilla/TBC if you were the only player alive.

But I have seen strange cases where the mind controller bugs in silithus would MC my shaman, kill my totems, then I would “evade” and get healed to full with the mob at hive regal.

Either way, a feral in cat form popping trinkets is able to murder that banshee boss in like 20 seconds.

She resets if the party wipes while she is mind controlling someone. She wont MC a solo player from what I’ve observed.

1 Like