TBC Heroic Mechanar Cache of the Legion "already being used"

Steps to reproduce:

1. Kill the boss Gatewatcher Gyro-Kill in heroic Mechanar.
  2. Have one person successfully loot the cache and close it.
  3. Have two people try to open the cache at the same time to get badges out.

Expected results:
EITHER
a. The cache opens for both at the same time and both can loot the badge
OR
b. The cache opens successfully for the first person and the second person gets an error “already being used.” After the first person stops looting, the second person can open the cache again and successfully retrieve the badge.

Actual results:
Both people get the “already being used” error and now the cache is bugged and neither can loot. The cache looks as if it is still open and cannot be opened again by any party member.

Attempted fixes:

1. Killing the rest of the bosses in the dungeon and going back. Cache still shows open and no one else can loot. The party members that have not looted get the “already being used” error.
  2. Resetting the dungeon. All party members exited the dungeon and it was reset. This did not change the state of the cache.
  3. Everyone leaves party except 2 people. One resets then passes lead. The other resets and then leaves party. One of the 2 people (the one who could not loot) goes back into the dungeon to see if the cache is able to be opened. This time the cache could be opened but after it was opened again it still gave the “already being used” error.
1 Like

Just experienced this. I could reset the cache by relogging making it lootable again but i would get he same error and am unable to loot the badge. the person that looted at the same time as me ended up getting his badge later on. error is “someone is already looting this corpse”

This is very interesting, because it has been bugged on retail for years. The cache on retail is supposed to give a quest item, but instead it gives 2 pieces of gear (duplicates) to the only party member who is able to open it, then the others cannot get the quest item to complete their quest.

This only happens in retail when running in. Using the dungeon finder it works correctly. There are a number of caches in retail that exhibit this odd behavior. I reported these, but I guess they had no interest in fixing it.