[SOLVED] Can't fish with camera set on fishing bobber

https://i.imgur.com/qTrx8ZK.png

Here is a screenshot of the way I always used to fish. I’d put the camera close to the bobber so it was easier to see, because I often do other stuff on another screen while I’m fishing. This used to allow me to fish only using my peripheral vision, which was nice.

Ever since TBC Classic launched (maybe it was Vanilla Classic), I’ve noticed that a single right-click instantly turns your character to face the same direction as your camera, whereas before, you would have to hold right-click and slightly drag your mouse for this to occur.

Is there some interface setting that will change this behavior? I feel like I’ve poured over most of the options, but maybe I’m missing something? I don’t want a single right-click to change my character’s direction anymore.

Also, if this isn’t some interface option, perhaps it’s a bug?

EDIT: I’ve found a workaround!!

If you sit before fishing, a single right-click will no longer change the direction your character is facing!! Let’s rejoice!!

1 Like

The easiest way I can think of around this is to bind the “Interact with mouseover” keybind. (In the targeting section of Keybinds.) Then you can use that instead of the right mouse button to prevent the character movement.

I’ll definitely test that out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Though I’d really prefer to be able to just fish the old way. :frowning: I’m hoping that someone else may have a specific answer as to what changed, or how can it can be reverted if possible.

I also fish this way but unfortunately this has been an issue since classic started and I’ve yet to ascertain whether this is an ancient bug they’re choosing to recreate on classic or if its just an OG bug. Either way there’s a 100% chance Blizz will never fix it since it isn’t important enough to their bottom line.

Rejoice friend, I just now accidentally found a solution! If you sit before you fish, a single right-click no longer repositions your character!! I am SO happy!!

4 Likes