TBC - Burning Crusade - Peaceful Transition

Depends if they care about keeping their advertisement true or force players into something they don’t want to be a part of. Copies over transfers. Stop trying to always lock us into something. What ever big wig at the top needs to check themselves.

What paladin said. Leave classic servers as is, copy toons to tbc for those who want to copy.

Merge dead servers if you need to. Or open transfers.

Ok, here’s one example that took me all of 3 seconds to think of. Consider the mount system. In Classic the skill is cheap, the mounts are expensive. It reverses in TBC. So you level a character in Classic, buy the riding skill. Then transfer to TBC and buy the mounts and save a ton of gold.

Also, having two detached economies with class design completely different suddenly being combined is nonsense. Mages can aoe an infinite amount of npcs in Classic. There’s an aoe cap in TBC.

How about resources? Two different worlds with two different farmable resources. Play on a dead or semi-dead Classic server and farm a ton of ore or herbs and then transfer to TBC.

Look, your assertion that enabling transfers or copies from Classic to TBC beyond the initial pre-launch or launch will have no impact is just ridiculous. If Blizz goes the transfer/copy route it needs to be restricted to a one time event. The only exception being that some players may not be subbed at that time, but the first time they log into Classic (weeks, months, years later), they have to make the choice right then and there before they actually log into the game.

Another reason I think they should just keep the games completely separate. It gets too messy and too sloppy with so many variables trying to keep the two games somewhat separate, but an option to keep playing in one version vs. another. And one option to transfer or copy from one to another. But that’s up to Blizz.

Lastly, I have no idea why it took 14 days for a notification that you replied to me to show up. But it just did.

Everything you that was one direction. There is no exploiting. I disagree with your forced choice making option. I say they can COPY all their characters not just 1 from one Vanilla server to a Classic one. A 1 time copy PER server and not forced on at any given time. This way they can play Their old classic characters AND have them progress forward IF they choose to take part.

There will be no copies. Copies will not work for the game community nor for Blizzard.