TBC - Burning Crusade - Peaceful Transition

Because a large majority, if not an overwhelming majority, are eagerly awaiting TBC and will play it extensively. The most likely route is that we all get migrated into TBC with an opportunity to transfer off of a TBC server for a Vanilla-only server at some point, but even that is problematic if someone misses the pre-TBC window. How does Blizz handle someone who stays on a TBC server, gathers some Netherweave, hits lvl61, and then wants to stay in Vanilla?

Further, with so many people moving on to TBC, Vanilla servers will be very dead without consolidation. A hundred or so die-hard Vanilla players with maybe another 200-300 casuals will make for a very small pool of players to do anything with when everyone is busy killing fel orcs and riding netherdrakes.

TBC is coming, the only question is what state, if any, Vanilla retains.

So long as they FORCE balancing on servers to at least a maximum differential of a 40/60 split.

Reasons for this could be to prevent over population of certain zones, and under population of certain servers.

No point really the majority of people will quit classic to play TBC, they don’t need 40 servers to support a dead game 2-3 should be enough.

7 Likes

People are still going to be raiding Naxx when TBC comes out. I doubt everyone will be fully BiS. This was the original problem aswell. Those playing Vanilla couldn’t achieve full BiS. I will be playing both. Raid logging Vanilla, raiding Naxx to get full BiS and playing TBC more often.

Character Copy to new TBC servers lets a few Servers achieve really good population as well as reset gold and tradable items for the new TBC servers. Resetting the economy is a good thing. We shouldn’t take all this into TBC. They could and SHOULD force faction caps for the new PvP servers. For PvE it doesnt really matter.

Do you have a source on this? This is the first time I’ve ever heard Classic “saved the company”.

2 Likes

People couldn’t even step foot into Naxx at all, let alone kill bosses, let alone clear it. This is silly.

2 Likes

go play retail, not something people have been waiting 15 years to stay in. Copies is the best option and gives people a choice. Yes many don’t care but those are the people that are temporary anyway. The OG players are here to stay.

So when they don’t offer copies let’s see if you stay then shall we.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ9__8UJSc4

1 Like

Let me clarify. OG players are here to stay where we were promised to be. If that place doesn’t exist then neither do we. Lets not repeat history. Although I enjoyed BC and Wrath, it was a slow downhill after Vanilla. How did that happen? Blizzard listened to the whiney masses instead of focusing on Quality. If Blizzard wants more than just temporary spikes of players they need to lay a foundation and stay there.

2 Likes

I don’t really care what sort of copy/transfer system they set up, as long as a few TBC Classic servers launch as “fresh start” servers that prohibits any sort of copies/transfers.

2 Likes

Did you know you can play TBC right now, its in retail.

All the content is still there.

The vanilla content HAS NOT been in retail since 2010 when they nuked the old world. If they progress classic servers to TBC, then people will be whining for WoTLK. Then we will just be doing the same content cycle we did 15 years ago. BFA classic in 2033? No thanks.

The only solution is to create fresh TBC servers, with everyone starting at level 58, or level 1. Nothing else. Or no TBC at all. Private servers flourished for years on vanilla content.

3 Likes

I’m totally against any type of peaceful transition. This is world of warcraft, not some wussy game like golf. I’m looking forward to some angry arguments both here on the forums and in game. The type of arguments that end with people refusing to speak to each other for decades. There should be organized campaigns to get people banned for absolutely nothing. I very much doubt that people will meet on street corners in what ever city they might live for in person brawls but one can hope. Show them all what world of WARCRAFT means and how we really feel about the release of the Burning Crusade.

3 Likes

well that’s not nice at all feywaif

I disagree with the copying of character, classic vanilla characters should stay on classic vanilla and any1 that wants to play classic tbc should start fresh.

I don’t get why people keep on confusing personal experience with game content, because sure our person experience, me included was that I was lvl 60 when tbc 1st came out so my character just progress since that’s how mmos are. But Classic WoWs are different, these are not your typical mmos, these are museum mmos that should only be able to progress as far as the game was able to at the time. So whatever is done in Classic Vanilla needs to stay in Classic Vanilla. if transferring is allow then I should be able to transfer my classic vanilla character onto retail so I can have the high warlord xmog for warriors since I was only able to get them for pally and shammy cuz of what I pvp as in vanilla.

Our personal experience back in the days was that we just progress over to TBC, but as far as game content; TBC is a game of its own. Sure it have some similar stuff to Vanilla but the experience from 1-60 is different because of how items got change when TBC came out and classes play differently due to class changes & talents.

Going the fresh start route is far better for business, this will keep those who are not real fan of how mmo were in the past to stay in Classic Vanllia; what I’m referring to is the journey to max lvl, that is a very important part of old mmo not just the end game stuff. So any real fan of it wouldn’t mind playing fresh, this way those people will stay in classic. Because real fans of tbc would play Classic TBC regardless of having to start from lvl 1, this way Classic Vanilla doesn’t die out when Classic TBC comes out. This is also good for business since it will take people longer to start clearing out max lvl contents meaning longer sub time.

2 Likes

Found the classic troll who hasn’t achieved anything at all worth bringing along for the tbc ride.

Yeah, retail is just like TBC. No differences at all. Yup. I don’t think even you believe the words coming out of your mouth.

Why do people say this.

Us wanting fresh and seperate TBC servers doesn’t mean we have achieved nothing in Classic.

thats how you can tell that those people know that they are not thinking logically and wont win in any logic base argument so they say those kinds of BS; just the how people use fake news when they dont want to listen to facts.

1 Like

wow look at this master logician