Tauren Totem Update?

What’s the story on this? Why are Tauren still the odd duck out here?

1 Like

A lot of models are still awaiting transformation. Dwarves are in a similar boat with totems; human and blood elf Paladins are waiting for new models for their class steeds; Druids just don’t have proper form customization (Moonkin omgerd), etc

I’m still maybe the only person who likes the old school totems for Tauren. Reminds me of Thunder Bluff every time I see them.

Sure, they could do better and retain that feel, but there’s something about the classic graphic that feels like home.

1 Like

But wouldn’t it be better if the tauren totems were high-definition like the newer shaman totems? I like the model as well (despite playing a draenei for my shaman).

3 Likes

Hell no, I’ve been a Tauren shaman since Vanilla and has to race change because I was sick of that outdated model.
If you really want to invoke a sense of nostalgia and keep the Thunderbluff theme, we should have a miniature version of the grand Totem in the centre of the city.
That iconic Totem to me is the definitive Tauren Totem carving artstyle.
The little frowny faced ones players have do not correctly represent the beauty of Thunderbluff.

1 Like

I really love my old tauren totems. It’s definitely just me holding onto nostalgia but I’m not gonna complain about keeping them a while longer…

Of course everything else got updated so I guess it’s fair that the Tauren totems get updated too…

1 Like